485. Cheetah pipes?

rebelrock

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small bore shearers FTW. :headbang:

No need to guess, I've already tested BB CPI's, BB Shearers and SB Shearers. Small bores make the same peak top power as the BB's, but have better front side torque.

They even made better low end torque than the CPI's.

The only pipe better than the Shearer SB In-Frames for that motor.....is the Shearer SB Out of Frames. The "New design" Shearer OOF pipes will make about 5 more HP and about 3 more torque. My buddy "MAILMAN" did a test of a lot of the OOF pipes against some in frames. ( Different sizes of CPI - RDZ - Shearer. Some In some out.)

521cc and smaller - Small Bore Shearer's. :headbang: In Frame or out is up to you.

Glad I could be of service. :cheers:

Edited by WINDYCITYJOHN400

racers edge pipes. ( good luck finding a set)

small bore shear

BB shear the bb's might have more grunt and may react better to the pv's i dont know how you like your power to come in..

i ran inframe custom curtis sparks on mine when it was in the LSR chassis

I run the BB in-frame shearers on my 485 cheetah. Mine is ported and runs on methanol though. I went with the BB pipe because the SB pipe holds too much heat. It all depends on your porting and setup and how you ride it. For a methanol dune bike I would never do the small-bore's. They hold WAY too much heat and cause detonation issues after the engine gets warmed up. Drag racing and hill-shooting is a different story. The BB shearers I have hit like a freight-train in the mid-range, which makes them perfect for the dunes. I love them, but like I said, my engine setup and the fuel I use for the riding I do is different than most people.

- Jared

racers edge pipes. ( good luck finding a set)

small bore shear

BB shear the bb's might have more grunt and may react better to the pv's i dont know how you like your power to come in..

i ran inframe custom curtis sparks on mine when it was in the LSR chassis

I've got a set of racers edge pipes on my cub, I may have to toss them on the cheetah beast and try them out...