the effing tick

Due to a series of unfortunate events Ive had to replace all those parts within a 3 month span, first top end replace was from the previous owner not knowing what he was doing and he didnt seat a wrist pin retaining clip fully and it seized my motor, my second and most recent engine replace was (i think) caused by boring out my cylinders .100 over and they over heated while i was running WoT for an extended time ( the aftermath can be seen here My link ). So my newest rebuild which is my 2nd crank and 3rd top end came out of a motor that had a bad tranny, and before I put it together I checked all the bearings against the repair manual for tolerances etc, also the cylinders are still 64mm so I got lucky on those. And through all these rebuilds the tick is still there, and as far as a leak down test goes, I just used starting fluid and sprayed a little bit where all the joining surfaces meet and It all checked out that way. Other things I checked was the space between the flywheel and the pick up, I got new springs and o-rings for the exhaust and I looked through and checked all my torques on the clutch and main drive. This is my second banshee, and I cannot remember my first one haveing this particular ticking sound. Maybe Im just making a big deal out of nothing. banghead

Due to a series of unfortunate events Ive had to replace all those parts within a 3 month span, first top end replace was from the previous owner not knowing what he was doing and he didnt seat a wrist pin retaining clip fully and it seized my motor, my second and most recent engine replace was (i think) caused by boring out my cylinders .100 over and they over heated while i was running WoT for an extended time ( the aftermath can be seen here My link ). So my newest rebuild which is my 2nd crank and 3rd top end came out of a motor that had a bad tranny, and before I put it together I checked all the bearings against the repair manual for tolerances etc, also the cylinders are still 64mm so I got lucky on those. And through all these rebuilds the tick is still there, and as far as a leak down test goes, I just used starting fluid and sprayed a little bit where all the joining surfaces meet and It all checked out that way. Other things I checked was the space between the flywheel and the pick up, I got new springs and o-rings for the exhaust and I looked through and checked all my torques on the clutch and main drive. This is my second banshee, and I cannot remember my first one haveing this particular ticking sound. Maybe Im just making a big deal out of nothing. banghead

There have been write ups on this forum about checking for leaks the way you are doing it, WRONG. Your only going to find a Big Leak that way. You need to do a proper leak down test with some proper leak down equipment.

I don't care if you buy my setup but seriously you better buy someones or make one yourself and do it right. Are you not worth it ? Come On man, Do it for YOU !!!

The starting fluid, brake cleaner, carb cleaner, is the wrong way to check the health of your motor. Check for yourself.

There have been write ups on this forum about checking for leaks the way you are doing it, WRONG. Your only going to find a Big Leak that way. You need to do a proper leak down test with some proper leak down equipment.

I don't care if you buy my setup but seriously you better buy someones or make one yourself and do it right. Are you not worth it ? Come On man, Do it for YOU !!!

The starting fluid, brake cleaner, carb cleaner, is the wrong way to check the health of your motor. Check for yourself.

alrighty, I'll get right on it, I'm sick of rebuilding this thing and I would like to haul it out to Utah this year and ride it without being afraid of it dying on me.