how do you guys "Steal proof" your banshee?

ben123

its the people that live out side my neighborhood that you have to be carful of. the new thing around here is these shit head thieves knock on doors when no one answers ''BOOM'' down goes the door.1/2 the time the take dumb shit and trash the place. insurance is great but doesnt help that feeling of knowing some lil bastard got over on you.............

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its the people that live out side my neighborhood that you have to be carful of. the new thing around here is these shit head thieves knock on doors when no one answers ''BOOM'' down goes the door.1/2 the time the take dumb shit and trash the place. insurance is great but doesnt help that feeling of knowing some lil bastard got over on you.............

I have an alarm system in my house that is so loud inside that it's painful. It's hard to pick shit up when you're holding your hands over your ears. Of coarse the siren on the outside is even louder.

I don't feel too sorry for these schools and business' that say, "someone broke in and stole everything sometime between Friday 5:00PM and Monday 8:00AM". Gee, they probably made 3 or 4 trips hauling stuff away.

In a large metro area like Dallas, the nicer the area you live in the more likely someone will steal your shit. The poor steal from the the rich, so unless you are in a gated community you should always take precautions of protecting your things. Even with insurance, I still take steps to prevent theft. Somethings can not be replaced if stolen. For example, 80% of the tools I own were my fathers.

You are welcome any time.

Also, Tyler, apparently that one hit a soft spot for you.

I'm not even joking about NEVER being worried my shit will get stolen. Are you guys all seriously afraid of the neighborhoods you live in? Perhaps it's because the city I live in is the #2 safest city in America.

I seriously am shocked that as many of you literally lock your shit up INSIDE your garages with giant chains and cables. How do you sleep at night knowing that you live among scumbags like that? My doors are NEVER locked, home or not. I rarely even lock my cars around town. It must totally suck to live in fear all the time.

Yea, I had $13,000 worth of mowing equipment stolen back in 2004. I do not and have never lived in an area where I or anyone else would consider dangerous or ghetto. I simply don't trust people.

As far as you not locking doors or vehicles, that's just plain ignorance..

Congrats on living in the #2 safest city in America. According to several lists I've seen California is still more dangerous than Missouri. I can't believe you'd live there. I can't believe you'd subject your wife to a place that's NOT the least dangerous.

Fact is, you live among more scumbags than most of us. Nice try though.

Yea, I had $13,000 worth of mowing equipment stolen back in 2004. I do not and have never lived in an area where I or anyone else would consider dangerous or ghetto. I simply don't trust people.

As far as you not locking doors or vehicles, that's just plain ignorance..

Congrats on living in the #2 safest city in America. According to several lists I've seen California is still more dangerous than Missouri. I can't believe you'd live there. I can't believe you'd subject your wife to a place that's NOT the least dangerous.

Fact is, you live among more scumbags than most of us. Nice try though.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I keep my house and garage locked when I am gone for that "just in case" factor. But around here it is extremely rare to have something stolen. I don't feel the need to invest in high dollar security measures though. On the few trips with the quads, I'll throw a chain around them at night because I don't trust assholes. I live in rural Wisconsin. If I lived in say Madison or Milwaukee I wouldn't think twice about museum quality security measures lol.

Home-Made Land-Mines. Ball-Bearings, amonium nitrate, aluminum oxide, blasting cap & piano wire. Or was it aluminum nitrate and amonium oxide... just mix the shit togeth BOOOM! ............nevermind. I'll be at the hospital if anyone needs me.

lol

#1 put some gay colored shock covers on it.

#2 put a getto wheelie bar on it.

#3 Just add Trinity stickers. :rotflmao:

Or move some place with a shed/garage. :shootself:

I ride mine to work all summer and worry about somebody stealing it because i work graves, this is what i do:

#1. Big chain and lock (will at least slow them down)

#2. Driveway alarm set where if some punk starts screwing with my banshee it rings the wireless alarm sitting on my desk so i can get the jump on them. http://www.harborfreight.com/wireless-driveway-alert-system-93068.html

The wireless driveway alarms are cheap, work really good for all sorts of stuff, and if you put it in your bedroom you could be running out the door with a shotgun in no time and best of all it doesnt alert the crook :evil:

Hope that helps.

Home-Made Land-Mines. Ball-Bearings, amonium nitrate, aluminum oxide, blasting cap & piano wire. Or was it aluminum nitrate and amonium oxide... just mix the shit togeth BOOOM! ............nevermind. I'll be at the hospital if anyone needs me.

lol

haha nice one BigRed....but you forgot the drywall screws and the little star shaped jacks..... shit you imagine tripping something like that and somehow managing to walk away just to see drywall screws, holes from ballbearing and shit all stuck in the walls.......damn.

I ride mine to work all summer and worry about somebody stealing it because i work graves, this is what i do:

#1. Big chain and lock (will at least slow them down)

#2. Driveway alarm set where if some punk starts screwing with my banshee it rings the wireless alarm sitting on my desk so i can get the jump on them. http://www.harborfreight.com/wireless-driveway-alert-system-93068.html

The wireless driveway alarms are cheap, work really good for all sorts of stuff, and if you put it in your bedroom you could be running out the door with a shotgun in no time and best of all it doesnt alert the crook :evil:

Hope that helps.

I have in fact seen banshees on the street in Billings. Makes me jealous. But not enough to want to live there.

In a large metro area like Dallas, the nicer the area you live in the more likely someone will steal your shit. The poor steal from the the rich, so unless you are in a gated community you should always take precautions of protecting your things. Even with insurance, I still take steps to prevent theft. Somethings can not be replaced if stolen. For example, 80% of the tools I own were my fathers.

^^This is how I feel. some things are just priceless....& all the comments up here about not being worried about your things getting stolen.....keep your guard down because it only a amount of time before it's your turn to get ROBBED! Then you will feel the same feeling that all of us have felt & your reaction will be different.

^^This is how I feel. some things are just priceless....& all the comments up here about not being worried about your things getting stolen.....keep your guard down because it only a amount of time before it's your turn to get ROBBED! Then you will feel the same feeling that all of us have felt & your reaction will be different.

Like I said. Getting shot is a pretty good deterrent.

Like I said. Getting shot is a pretty good deterrent.

I agree, but it is a crime of opportunity. Odds are it will take place when you are not even home. It would be nice to catch someone in the act. I am from one of the roughest parts of Dallas. Where your car was pretty much the only thing at risk. It was not until I moved to the burbs when I had something stolen from my own home. Go figure :confused:

I agree, but it is a crime of opportunity. Odds are it will take place when you are not even home. It would be nice to catch someone in the act. I am from one of the roughest parts of Dallas. Where your car was pretty much the only thing at risk. It was not until I moved to the burbs when I had something stolen from my own home. Go figure :confused:

Exactly....Im from the HOOD where people get shot, killed & steal all the time. Not once had my house broken into or anything stolen from me. Soon as I move out the HOOD in 2007 in a nice neighborhood where, it's not many neighbors & we all know each other. I ask my neighbor/friend do people steal around here. He said NO he never had a problem with people stealing anything from antbody around here. In 2009 my banshee got stolen then two weeks later they came back & stole his CR500 dirtbike. Come to find out it was some guys out of another hood that heard about our bikes, then came & took what they wanted. I found out who the guys we're & seen my bike but couldn't get it back cause they swap chassis. Police took reports & serial numbers but what could they do if they swap my chassis. My title didn't match that bike but I knew it was mines. Only reason I let it go is because I created a family & wanted to change for the better. Trust & believe if i was still living for only me & in the HOOD, it would have been an article in the newspaper with me starring as main character.