cylinder problems, need advice

I have a stock cylinder setup banshee with big bore sleeves (currently at 69mm bore), three of the holes for the head studs are stripped out. Is there a way to weld the holes back up and fix them currently so I can get a head to seal on this POS? The current setup is a Trinity head with fire-domes, and a copper head gasket but I can't get it to seal because of the stud problems so I'm ready to see if it's possible to fix these or if I'll have to buy new cylinders. I want to go with a completely different head setup... I'd rather keep these cylinders as the pistons and everything look really great and the bike made great power (nice porting)... I figure a competent builder/machinist may be able to weld the holes up and fix for new studs?... any info or suggestions on who could do this would be greatly appreciated..

My thought was to have the cylinder stud holes fixed so I can use the stock studs as called for, and get mull engineering to cut me a stock banshee head fpr big bore so I can use a stock style gasket (big bore) and ride this b*@~!!!

thoughts?

Edited by xuberantz

There are a few options. I know there wont be enough to helicoil but is there enough room to drill and tap to the next size and then drill your head holes to the larger studs? Are there any threads left or are they totaly ripped out? Sometimes you can buy good new studs, clean the holes really good, and cement new studs in and then be sure not to over tighten them. The factory tourqe spec isnt really all that tight. Welding the holes might actually cause more harm than good. There are however some good epoxies that are capable of being tapped if all else fails it might be worth it to look into this option as well.

There are a few options. I know there wont be enough to helicoil but is there enough room to drill and tap to the next size and then drill your head holes to the larger studs? Are there any threads left or are they totaly ripped out? Sometimes you can buy good new studs, clean the holes really good, and cement new studs in and then be sure not to over tighten them. The factory tourqe spec isnt really all that tight. Welding the holes might actually cause more harm than good. There are however some good epoxies that are capable of being tapped if all else fails it might be worth it to look into this option as well.

Epoxy that can be tapped? What brand? WHere can i find some?