Chain Tightening

I haven't tightend it yet. I was sitting on it and I had a buddy wiggle it. about 2 inches of play. I'm thinking of taking out a link. stock swinger/104 chain

if you need to take a link out at 104 on a stock swinger, its time to get a new chain. Recommend changing the sprockets too, running that loose eats them up! Call Wildcard, They stock good o-Ring chain fairly cheap and it has a high tensile strength.

Adam

if you need to take a link out at 104 on a stock swinger, its time to get a new chain. Recommend changing the sprockets too, running that loose eats them up! Call Wildcard, They stock good o-Ring chain fairly cheap and it has a high tensile strength.

Adam

Everything on the rear is new. front/rear sprocket, chain, swing arm bearing, axle bearings, axle, front/rear chain slider, rollers, brake disc. Also maybe i should have mentioned this, gearing is 14/40

Everything on the rear is new. front/rear sprocket, chain, swing arm bearing, axle bearings, axle, front/rear chain slider, rollers, brake disc. Also maybe i should have mentioned this, gearing is 14/40

stock is 14/41

do a center to center measure and then use a chain calculator. If its all new with the smaller sprocket you could get away with cutting a link out, but you might need a half link.

Adam

stock is 14/41

do a center to center measure and then use a chain calculator. If its all new with the smaller sprocket you could get away with cutting a link out, but you might need a half link.

Adam

Center to Center? Center of front/rear sprocket? Where would I find a chain calculator?

you're doing something wrong if the bolts are all the way in with a 104 chain/stock gears and still have 2" of slack. Standard slack is 0.6 inches from the middle of the chain on the top side.

loosen all 4 carrier bolt nuts, and tighten the chain by turning the lower two bolts clockwise.

Are you sure you have routed the chain correctly?

Like this:

O

- - - - -

O

- - - -

O