overheating

So i just had the motor rebuilt last summer (new cillender,pistons,crank and a few other things $3700) and she runns great now but ever since i got her back after 10min of riding she blows out the coolepnt (comes from the rad cap) and over heats. I talked two a couple yamaha mecanics and they said with out a dowt it was the impeller so i ordered one up with a new shaft....

Now i took off the clutch cover 2 replace the impeller and i have a problem and a some questions.

Problem....i cant get the plastic gear off the shaft is ther a easy way?

Question..... The original impeller, gear, shaft. Look ok no missin bitts or any thing but when you turn the gear its a bit stiff ( its not hard to turn but its not loose) and the impeller dont always turn with the gear is this normal.

Ps... I am not a mecanic i just fake my way through this stuff.......and i wont bring it back to where i got the rebuild done cuz i did not like the service i got. How does a quote from $2000-2500 go to $3700 when you go to pic up your machine with out a phone call some were inbetween. the motor is mostly stock 350cc. just after market inturnals.

Thanx in advance for any help.

Do a leak down, see if it's the head gasket. The impeller is a C clip pop the gear off remove the pin flip the cover over and pull the pump out. There usually hard up spin because of the seal. if its really hard, yours might have melted. Get a clymers. How's your jetting? Is it on the lean side? When you say internals what do you mean? Did you get an aftermarket exhaust and not jet it? Ported? Big bore kit? Anything like that?

The cross pin goes in a groove in the gear. That's what drives the pump. If the gear turns on the shaft, the gear is chewed up. That's why it's overheating.

This must be it!

I was wondering how the gear would spin the shaft. Now i know its the gear so i dont have to worrie about wrecking it when i pull it off. :)

Sorry about my spelling but.

2006banshee

The motor is stock bore/srtoke 350cc........stock head, New stock cylender, Weisco pistons/ rings, hot rod crank, sock yamaha every thing eles / K&N filter stock lid with snorkle removed, FMF Fatty pipes/ silencers, not shur on the jetting settings ATM but i think it one jett size bigger than stock/ with the longer needle, and a motion pro twist trottle (seemed like a good idea at the time). Thanks for the quick and helpfull replies...

I live in northern canada and it costs lotts getting parts offline so im usualy stuck buying from my local dealer and they can only get OEM water pump parts uless i upgraid to a high flo unit with a bigger case and big dollars (i think he said MOOSE makes it but that dont sound right). I wanted billet parts but im stuck with the plastic dew to price and time i ordered the parts i needed to day and i will get them next week.

(impeller/shaft, pin, gear, wp gasket, clutch gasket, and also a new bearing, total around$150) But now i have a new qestions.

Do you have to press in or out the wp bearing? the old one looks ok to me moves fine dont stick or anything should i bother replacing it?