SILVER LAKE DUNE DATES

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey John I will try to make them all sounds like a blast! :headbang:

here are some dirt dates you asked about.

Badlands in Attica IN june 9-10th.

Haspin acres in Laurel IN in mid september no date set yet.

thats the place with the 300 foot drag strip and 50+ acres of camping.

Cool. I might be able to do that Badlands date. Are you planning to camp, stay over and ride both days?

Cool. I might be able to do that Badlands date. Are you planning to camp, stay over and ride both days?

We will be there saturday thru sunday early afternoon and camping at the joint next door.

cool if you could make it :cheers:

• 1 month later...

Bump as a reminder to anyone who is still looking to come up on any of these dates.

Edited by WINDYCITYJOHN400

2012 Windy City Dune Assault Squad - Silver Lake Dune Dates.

Just posting our trip dates for those who want to meet up and do some riding. We've been going on these weekends for 7+ years and they always have worked out well. They are not big Holiday weekend trips. But there is always plenty of people and the riding is safer than the full blown weekends. Two of these trips are on weekends that there is a race at the dragstrip, so when we're up there on a "Race Weekend" We'll be going to the track on Friday night for some "Test & Tune" action.

Any and all members are welcome to join in and be part of our group. Chime in and let me know if you might be up there. :cheers:

MAY - 18-19-20 (We'll be staying at the sierra Sands hotel. Off peak rate 50% off) ;)

JUNE - 22-23-24 (We'll be tent camping at the Silver Sands Resort and Campground) Race Weekend!

JULY - 20-21-22 (Camping again) Race Weekend!

AUGUST - 17-18-19 (Camping....this is our BIG TRIP 20+ people, plus many site members from other areas around the country. Always a good time.) :dance:

SEPTEMBER - 21-22-23 (Back to the Hotel at the Sierra Sands for another off peak weekend.)

Looking forward to another fun season.

Hope to see some of you out in the sand. :clap:

Thanks for looking.

Sand Fan, JOHN B)

john, im thinking about making it up for june 22,23. Ill let you know and ill probably stay at the same place. we stayed there over the holiday and i thought it was nice there.

:cheers: Cool.

There is a race that weekend at the West Michigan Sand Dragway so we can go Friday 5-9 and make test and tune passes on the track, then thrash the bikes on the dunes the rest of the weekend. :headbang:

There is a race that weekend at the West Michigan Sand Dragway so we can go Friday 5-9 and make test and tune passes on the track, then thrash the bikes on the dunes the rest of the weekend. :headbang:

ive never been to the track, nor have i raced on it.....sounds cool, give me a call sometime and we can discuss it. 517-617-3601, ron

ive never been to the track, nor have i raced on it.....sounds cool, give me a call sometime and we can discuss it. 517-617-3601, ron

It's about a mile from the campsite! (You can hear the big dogs run from camp.) You'll have a blast. :headbang:

I stumbled on some TV coverage from there today. Lucas oils "On the edge" was running a Fast 8 shootout of Nitro Altereds at the track. Cool to see that track featured. My daughter was like "Hey....why do I know that place?.....Wait.....we've been there!"

Ron i'll call you tomorrow about the trip and the track. (I was going to call now, but time flew by and your an hour ahead of me so I won't blast your phone at 10:00pm) :lol:

It's about a mile from the campsite! (You can hear the big dogs run from camp.) You'll have a blast. :headbang:

I stumbled on some TV coverage from there today. Lucas oils "On the edge" was running a Fast 8 shootout of Nitro Altereds at the track. Cool to see that track featured. My daughter was like "Hey....why do I know that place?.....Wait.....we've been there!"

Ron i'll call you tomorrow about the trip and the track. (I was going to call now, but time flew by and your an hour ahead of me so I won't blast your phone at 10:00pm) :lol:

sounds good john. I guess i better call camp and resort and get a campsite before theyre gone! ill have to call tomm

Looks like im not in for the end of this month, i will make the end of july though, at the SL HQ ride. have fun

:cry:

Then you'll miss hitting the dragstrip. :(

Sorry to hear you can't make it. That's ok tho...it'll give me time to get my bike dialed in before you come ride in July. ;)