coolant hole in cylinder, can it be repaired?

I got a call today from the guy i bought my banshee off of. He had a bunch of parts for it rounded up. So i went and got them. I was looking at the cylinders, again he did a redneck port job. He opened up the intake and ended up cutting a small hole into a coolant port. Can this be fixed and used as spare cylinders or are they trash? The hole is about 3/16". How could i fix them.

Thanks, jeremy

I got a call today from the guy i bought my banshee off of. He had a bunch of parts for it rounded up. So i went and got them. I was looking at the cylinders, again he did a redneck port job. He opened up the intake and ended up cutting a small hole into a coolant port. Can this be fixed and used as spare cylinders or are they trash? The hole is about 3/16". How could i fix them.

Thanks, jeremy

I wouldn't run them. stock cylinders aren't so hardto comeby these days if your looking for a spare set.

SP

Exactly why I said I wouldn't run them. I don't think tigging cast aluminum is that easy. I've seen some welding on the outside that looks like shit where they break through the outside adding the boost ports, worm holes, whatever you wanna call them. Any leak like that can lead to huge issues, whether it si an air leak or coolant leak. Blown top end, trashed crank, etc, all over a set of stock cylinders that you tried to salvage. Not worth it in my book considering that you are only looking to salvage them as a spare set.

SP

Exactly why I said I wouldn't run them. I don't think tigging cast aluminum is that easy. I've seen some welding on the outside that looks like shit where they break through the outside adding the boost ports, worm holes, whatever you wanna call them. Any leak like that can lead to huge issues, whether it si an air leak or coolant leak. Blown top end, trashed crank, etc, all over a set of stock cylinders that you tried to salvage. Not worth it in my book considering that you are only looking to salvage them as a spare set.

SP

Going through the trouble of trying to find someone with the skill that it would take to make that weld and even then trusting it in my opinion is no way worth it. If it came down to my banshee sitting or running redneck shit like that, my banshee would sit. I value my banshee to much to treat is like garbage and install some half ass shit on it for a short thrill of haulin ass. Besides would you really want to install something like that on your bike then ride it like you would normally knowin in the back of your mind there some shit that could blow at any time now. I'm with spurdy on this one, to much value at risk for a spare set when they aren't that tough to come by.

this wasnt a million dollar set up so i wasnt worried if it did burn up ....shoot that would have been my reason to go bigger . anyway on the set i had there was a very small hole where the boost port, worm hole whatever its is ?? broke through the side of the jugg.. the welder put some kind copper rod that doesnt stick to the weld into the boost port and the rod also stoped the weld from seeping into the boost port.in 15 min it looks good as new . he then coated the side of cylinder like some do when doing a drag port and needing more material.it looked as good as new and it didnt effect porting at all........ good luck