Who made this crank?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My billet 18mm CW crank broke in half after 10 months of use, which really wasn't much considering what I do with it.

And I just pulled my brother's flywheel off the same crank after two years and I didn't think it was going to come off.

If I could get a forged 18mm crank I would run it. I am running a forged crank in my 10DM.

My billet 18mm CW crank broke in half after 10 months of use, which really wasn't much considering what I do with it.

And I just pulled my brother's flywheel off the same crank after two years and I didn't think it was going to come off.

If I could get a forged 18mm crank I would run it. I am running a forged crank in my 10DM.

I just found out that this crank I purchased is NOT a denny wang crank, It is a crank from crank works. My builder says he and I should be comfortable with it, he has had no issues with their cranks.

in my opinion they should all cost the same i mean if the webbs are built by the same homeless chinese peeople there is not any differnce in manufacturing just moving the pin location/.

thats what i think is bs about those. the 350cc cranks are 299. i can understand if they have better higher dolla bearings on them. but the extra for the stroke is retarded

tell the guy you got it from bullshit its a wang crank. crankworks DOSENT paint ther webbs black and use crap TZ bearings. and crap rods. if crankworks sent it to them its from wang.. and everyone is making a buck here and there. i know what i get the SS cranks for straight from wang and its cheaper than the ebay listings most of the time.

your being fed a line of bullshit.

only true crankworks cranks i have EVER had were hotrod castings or special forged ( from i dont know) and ALL had hot rods rods on them and use NTN bearings..

i also agree id take a hotrods 4 mill crank from jeffro for the extra 20 bucks.

agreed...ALL hotrod cranks that i have installed had gray webs and rod with either blue or red o-rings on the bearing

all those black web cranks are the same....and i can prove it...just dont want to call out some of the companys.

that one the guy paid $850 is identical to the $395 TDR CRANK

and for $850 he got to make 10 passes on it before the weld broke and web cracked and when i called the guy he wanted to charge me $350 to fix i,so i sent it to another builder to look at and he said to him it looked to be a defect in the material and it cost around $330 to fix so owner just decided to buy a new TDR crank.

i think after a while TDR will be to number 1 Crank seller once more people realize there spending more elsewhere for the same type of crank

only diference you will find is some builders weld the cranks better and some comes with a TZ BEARING which is something i would not run anymore so !