straight cut gear owners

BLOODRAGE

the cushions in the clutch basket are new,the crank bearings are also new.i have the maxload and tz bearings.the straight cuts i have are used,i got em off FAST.i guess the last owner had the idler gear rub againts the big gear.

if i buy new gears will it be quieter?

its to the point where i dont want to be seen running the bike.tons of power just too noisey (embarrasing)

damn thats loud

mine in person sound like theres too much play between the gears.so it makes a grinding noise.

im not going to monkey with it till my billet clutch cover comes in,ill post a video of the play in the gears too see what you guys think.

i was told to use straight cut gears plus with my stock motor i took the fly wheel cover off and started the bike i could see the fly wheel move side to side so i figured it would be the better way to go.

im really not sure how much hp my motor is putting out or if i even need straight cuts at all,might be over kill.but the last thing i want is the tz bearing to explode

i was told to use straight cut gears plus with my stock motor i took the fly wheel cover off and started the bike i could see the fly wheel move side to side so i figured it would be the better way to go.

im really not sure how much hp my motor is putting out or if i even need straight cuts at all,might be over kill.but the last thing i want is the tz bearing to explode

I guess if the exploding tz bearing was a concern I would have went with a Max load bearing with Helicut gears. The guys who swap to straight cut gears are running huge motors, or they need a different gear ratio for 1/8 or 1/4 mile asphalt drag racing. I am running a TZ bearing with helicut gears with no problems.

If you can see the flywheel move side to side you have bigger issues. It should not move at all other than in a circle perfectly straight. Can you shoot video of your flywheel?