New 4 mil melt down

thomas h.

Not from HJR my friends bike pic is hard to do but deff not a cold seize. The labyrinth seal is sealing the sides right? There is a oring? Maybe pitched oring? We sprayed the crap out of it with soap& water. And used the motion pro tool set to find the leak it was hard to keep pressure going in to find the rapid leak but I moved the kicker and then we really heard it leaking out.

OK, I still don't understand what you're doing or WHERE you have air coming out, but, I can tell you this. The part that's called a labyrinth seal is the round chunk of aluminum in the middle of the crank. It does not actually seal. The steel center shaft of the crank just turns inside the bored aluminum hole. The vacuum/pressure pulses in the bottom end are happening so fast that there isn't a significant amount of transfer from side to side. You can not just pressure test 1 cylinder. The air will leak right through the labyrinth seal and out the open exhaust.

It is entirely possible to have one or more air leaks causing a lean down. Thats also why when yoy start a motor up you should look at the plugs before you ride it more than a small amount after proper heat cycles. Sorry to hear this and I hope you find your problem.

i listen to the motor. if its got a leak it wont come back to idle very quickly also. sure sign of lean/ leakage.

the lab seal has a grove cut in it and it gets some oil in and through it over time it kinda seals off the 2 sides like that but not much issue really

With the vaccume hooked up and one side plugged up we can hear air from the non melt down side spark plug hole ( with out plugs )

Still no pics

I guess we need to test with both side plugged up.

Also is pressurizing the motor ok under 10 lbs? Because vaccume about 5 lbs just doesn't make good bubbles

Thanks for the input guys