FMF fattys

sootman73

I got a set of FMf fatty's while the bike is down and now that its back together I went to fit the pipes and the mounting bracket on the top of the expansion chamber is 2 inches forward to match up where my T5's were. Is there a hanger or something that im missing? I bought these used off ebay and the seller made no mention that there were any fitment issues.

Also the right pipe is very tight against the coolant hose that comes off the water pump area. can the pipe be bent at all because there is no way that i can run this thing like it is. it'll melt through that hose in minutes....

I got a set of FMf fatty's while the bike is down and now that its back together I went to fit the pipes and the mounting bracket on the top of the expansion chamber is 2 inches forward to match up where my T5's were. Is there a hanger or something that im missing? I bought these used off ebay and the seller made no mention that there were any fitment issues.

Also the right pipe is very tight against the coolant hose that comes off the water pump area. can the pipe be bent at all because there is no way that i can run this thing like it is. it'll melt through that hose in minutes....

Can you loosen the hanger and rotate it forward? you should be able to. if you have oem hoses they should be good and not melt through. if you are worried, then take a piece of radiator hose that is larger diameter and zip tie it in the correct spot using it as a shield.

Can you loosen the hanger and rotate it forward? you should be able to. if you have oem hoses they should be good and not melt through. if you are worried, then take a piece of radiator hose that is larger diameter and zip tie it in the correct spot using it as a shield.

I dont have any hangers just the mounting hole tab welded on the expansion chamber. my question is if there is a hanger.

and where its touching the hose is right where it connects to the water pump. cant move the hose at all. can i move the pipe somehow? bend it or something? shitty thing is i can't spend any more money on this thing and i already sold and shipped my t5's so i cant even break this motor in

yea man, there is a hanger for the expansion chambers,

If you have the stock hangers (or aftermarket) they will be a little up and forward,

My pipes were on the radiator hose pretty tight too so i took the stock heat shield (looks like a spring) off the top of the hose and moved it on the bottom right above the water pump. the right side pipe is the only one that fits a little tight but it works fine

:headbang:

and change your password. :jesterlaugh:

yes you need a hanger......ALL pipes...even stock pipes have the hanger. I bet you unbolted the T-5's and never took the hangers off of them. also your fitment issue may not be an issue once you get the hanger on there and holding the pipe. my suggestion would be to call jeff at FAST and tell him your dilema. He'll have the parts you need to get those pipes on the bike.......also make sure you have a few exhaust springs...

and your wife sounds pretty awsome.....hahahahaha

My t5's had no hangers they bolted directly to the frame where the hanger would bolt to. but i made some little hangers with some 1/8" bar stock since the chrome was pointless as the plastics cover it all up anyway. I put some radiator hose pieces in to help absorb vibration but while breaking in the motor last night there was a lot of vibration coming through the handlebars and foot pegs. I unbolted just about everything on the exhaust and it didn't seem to help at all.

i gave you detailed pictures of the fmf fatties installed and how to solve your coolant line issue. so either follow them or stfu about your problem.

well aren't you a bag of sunshine.....

i did fix that problem thank you for the help but i have a different issue now. the coolant line is done but I just spent $600 this week on this thing and couldn't justify spending $75 for hangers when no one would see them anyway.

Ill give you credit....good try. But they'll work way better if you build them like the stockers are made. Basically take the measurement of how long you need the hanger to be....but instead you need 2the pieces of metal that overlap about 1inch with rubber bolted between them. So if you need 4the inches of hanger (not the real size...just using as example) then cut 2 3" pieces and put the rubber between them. Obviously each piece of metal facing opposite of each other. Also try for about 1/2" of rubber between the two pieces. For safe keeping id put 2the bolts holding the metal together.