Leaking carb bowl drain?

KarTek

So, a search brings up too many responses for "leak". I just have to ask. On the carb, there appears to be both a carb vent/overflow and a bowl drain controlled by a small screw in the bottom of the bowl. There is a slow, steady leak from the bowl drain tube.

I tried opening and then snugging down the screw but it won't quit leaking. Is there a replacement screw or seal available? So I have to replace the whole bowl?

Thanks!

That drain area also has a brass tube inside the bowl that goes above where the fuel level is when everything is working normal. When the float needle and seat leak, the fuel goes too high and overflows down the brass tube and out that hose by the drain screw. Pull the carb and check the float level. If it's correct, replace the float needle and seat. It's pretty common for them to go bad.

OK, I see. So, if the needle and seat are leaking, the fuel will still come out of the drain hose but it will never make it high enough to flow out of the vent hose.