TORS and Parking Brake

11AGUY

i have searched for countless hours on this topic and have found many discussions on the net and this site but want to make sure I am doing this right... Once I get a thumbs up fro you guys I'll post pics of the process to do away with future posts.

Parking Brake:

1. Took parking brake mechanism off rear brake caliper by unbolting (2) allen type head bolts

2. Took entire parking brake mechanism off clutch perch, disconnecting the cable that leads to the rear caliper and unplugged electrical connection on lever.

3. Followed the above stated electrical wire down the handlebars and unplugged it at the white plastic wire connection. Pulled out the unplugged electrical wire from the top of the handle bars

4. Attached Parking brake block off on rear caliper

Question: Is that all I have to do for the parking brake???

TORS:

1. Removed TORS (Black Box) under left side of frame (under gas tank).

2. Unplugged the TORS Black Box from the wiring harness (threw out TORS BOX!!)

3. Unplugged the TORS connections from Both Carbs to the wiring harness.

4. Installed TORS elimination Kit.

Question: Is there something I need to unplug on the throttle in order for everything to work perfectly.. After I removed the wires, I left the hard plastic white electrical connection caps hanging from the wiring harness because everything was unplugged...Also, is there a wire that needs to be disconnected at the thumb throttle assembly??? wiring diagram shows a TORS connection there or does the above stated connections make that wire/sensor null and void??

Think I am on the right track, but many posts say nothing about the thumb throttle assembly and the a few do saw there is wire.. All help is appreciated and when I have it right I'll post pics.. thx

Edited by 11AGUY

^^^ +2 on what jereme said.. On my shee i put a little dielectric grease in the open connectors on the harness and then electrical taped them closed, and to the harness. But i just wanted to make the harness look neat, and is most likely unnecessary.

Good Luck !

Pull the cap off the thumb throttle, pull the switch out, put the grommet back in the thumb throttle, fill grommet with black silicone sealer. Throw the switch and wires in the garbage. Less clutter on the handle bars.

Replace the clutch lever and perch with an aftermarket one.

just ordered one yesterday!!! will look much cleaner....

Pull the cap off the thumb throttle, pull the switch out, put the grommet back in the thumb throttle, fill grommet with black silicone sealer. Throw the switch and wires in the garbage. Less clutter on the handle bars.

Replace the clutch lever and perch with an aftermarket one.

starwriter, this is the wire (the one I have my finger on), I can pull the whole thing out after i disconnect it?? post-42144-0-51833000-1326996050_thumb.jpeg

3. Followed the above stated electrical wire down the handlebars and unplugged it at the white plastic wire connection. Pulled out the unplugged electrical wire from the top of the handle bars

Not to hijack the thread, but I was getting ready to post the same exact set of questions. I cant tell where his question got answered about disconnecting the wires on the parking brake. Do you leave them unplug also or splice them together?

Edited by petenorth