Wheelie bar?

Fastassbanshee96

Just slapped together a wheelie bar, never built one befor. Whats a good hight for the wheel to sit off the ground? Also what size tube does everyone usually use?

depends what type of racing your doing, dirt or asphalt, but for dirt alot of people say a good starting point is about the height of a pop can, and you can adjust up or down from there, everyones gonna have a little diffterent answer, but i like to run mine a little lower, but its all just what works best for your setup, and 1" top bar (bars) 3/4" bottom bars is what i use for the most part

Edited by rowan racing

Just slapped together a wheelie bar, never built one befor. Whats a good hight for the wheel to sit off the ground? Also what size tube does everyone usually use?

I also run mine a little lower. Depending on what kind of material your racing your bike in, it may sit lower in the dirt then say setting the height in your garage. Good job on the build

Thanks guys. Mine is currently set at about 2.5-3 inchs off the ground. Unfortunatly I didn't think about the whole different terrain thing when I built it and didn't make I adjustable. I'm going to see if theres still a way I can change it without tearing the whole thing apart. I work at a steel distributor so I guess it really isn't a big deal if I have to get new material.

Well I don't kknow how everyone else's mounts but I have a stock style swingarm so I mounted the lower bars to the bottom of the swingarm where the skid plate mounts. The top I mounted to my grab bar. When it was all done for some reason I thought I looked kinda flimsy between the top and bottom rails so I welded I a support connecting the top and bottom. That's why I don't see how I could adjust it without cutting something out. This isn't a drag bike by any means. It's a stock frame with a 421 serval. I'm planning on going to the ice drags if we ever get some ice around here. I just don't want to flip sense I'll be running picks in the tires.