Are these burgard 4130 chromoly +2+1 arms?

forrest411

Can you guys help me to confirm what type of A-arms these are? I just picked up another Banshee (basket case) and it has these A-arms on it. By measuring them I can tell that they are +2 +1 arms. I looked through a bunch of other posts last night and they look like burgard arms? I was thinking about getting them powder coated as well. I never had anything coated before, will the shop remove the chrome or would I have to take care of it?

Thanks for your help

post-34207-0-08124900-1325260206_thumb.jpg

I would say they are, they look just like mine. Old lone stars looked very similar to that also.

Do you still use the factory caps on the lower a-arms? The reason I ask is because the they only had one cap on the lower arm (very front location) on each side. But there was no room for for any other caps. I was thinking that when they tighten the lower a-arm bolts it may have bent in the mounting brackets, but it doesnt look bent.

Thoughts?

Do you still use the factory caps on the lower a-arms? The reason I ask is because the they only had one cap on the lower arm (very front location) on each side. But there was no room for for any other caps. I was thinking that when they tighten the lower a-arm bolts it may have bent in the mounting brackets, but it doesnt look bent.

Thoughts?

I would buy a new set of dust covers/caps!! They keep the grease in and the water and dirt out. They have a rubber seal in the caps that gets worn so buy a new set. Why this guy did not use them is anyones guess, people make a career out of doing shit the wrong way! I use oil brass bushings in mine because the delron bushings will break over time. My powder coater did blast the crome for me. Also don't over tighten the nuts on the arms because you will make the movement of the arm rigid. I think its 40 torque but check your clymers.

Edited by Judge1

I would buy a new set of dust covers/caps!! They keep the grease in and the water and dirt out. They have a rubber seal in the caps that gets worn so buy a new set. Why this guy did not use them is anyones guess, people make a career out of doing shit the wrong way! I use oil brass bushings in mine because the delron bushings will break over time. My powder coater did blast the crome for me. Also don't over tighten the nuts on the arms because you will make the movement of the arm rigid. I think its 40 torque but check your clymers.

Thanks for all your input. I'm always able to find out what I need to know on this website!

Thanks Again