Tie Rod Sperical Heim Joints

DirtDiggler69

I am in the midst of rebuilding my banshee and had a thought cross my brain , my +3 +1 a arms of course have heim joints for the ball joints , and I need 2 new tie rod ends . I just thought why not use heim joints ? I am assuming they make ones with left hand thread and I'm gonna search that out . Only question is about the bolt to mount them to the spindle , Im not sure if it's tapered ? I'll look at my spindles tomorrow . Has anyone else done this or looked into it? LMK

I am in the midst of rebuilding my banshee and had a thought cross my brain , my +3 +1 a arms of course have heim joints for the ball joints , and I need 2 new tie rod ends . I just thought why not use heim joints ? I am assuming they make ones with left hand thread and I'm gonna search that out . Only question is about the bolt to mount them to the spindle , Im not sure if it's tapered ? I'll look at my spindles tomorrow . Has anyone else done this or looked into it? LMK

Expect to spend 150-175 for a set of quality heims and the tapered kingpins. The stock banshee tie rods are 10mm I think, but you will not find a metric kingpin adapter. 99% of the adapters are set up for a 7/16" heim with two being left hand and two being right hand. I just picked up a set for myself here recently, other than being a bit more expensive they are the nicest tie rods known to mankind. I have a bunch of pictures in the link below...

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=148446&st=75

I was kinda brain dead last night and didn't even think of ASR , I have A Arms from them on the shee and my Blaster also had Arms from them . I looked into the Heim option and yes they sell all the components .

This year I will just buy a set of OEM Joints and when I do my big rebuild , I'll get the Pro X Tie Rods in the near future.

I was kinda brain dead last night and didn't even think of ASR , I have A Arms from them on the shee and my Blaster also had Arms from them . I looked into the Heim option and yes they sell all the components .

This year I will just buy a set of OEM Joints and when I do my big rebuild , I'll get the Pro X Tie Rods in the near future.

The ProX use a 1/2" female heim with just a high misalignment spacer. The heim is reduced down to a 3/8" bolt, kind of a scary way of doing it with no taper though. I looked at them and considered them for about ten minutes, then went elsewhere.