SPRING SHOOTOUT AT PHILLS

joee20002

Ok guys time to start thinking about a date for Phills....We will do the grudge racing like we always do but we are also doing a 0-500cc and a 0-unlimited class HEADS UP...This will be a buy in for that...As for a date im thinking 2 Sundays before memorial day weekend?.so leave your wheely bars home and come DUNE READY......

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys, ive been going back and here is my ideas for the heads up race:

0-500:

78" max wheelbase

no wheelie bars

fully suspended front and rear

no power adders

m5 methonol and oxy fuel ok

any clutch style

id like to include a 10 mil and smaller supercub allowance(a 10 supercub is bigger than 500 but the hp is in the same range)

rwyb 0-???:

78"max wheelbase

no wheelie bars

fully suspended front and rear

no motor rules

no power adder rules

bring your best hope its enough..

all classes:

50-75 dollar buy in

ladder style elimination

first round is drawn out of a hat

first round losers race to fill in any odd number spots

single eliminaton

pay out for winner and runner up.

add anything you guys may want to add

I will also be offering a free straight swingarm for the fastest banshee powered pass of the day or a Wheelman chassis credit of $50.

Chris

Wheelman chassis

Welcome to the chaos of heads up classes... nothings fair for everyone.. but.. to get a good turn out in a class.. you have to go with majority. 0-500 is the most fair.. for majority. People dont realize how hard it is to get good passes out of higher hp bikes with no bars and shocks. I'd put my 350 in the 0-500.. it can run with 4mil cubs and in with no bars and shocks... its anybodys race on any given pass. Its all about rider skill and cutting that light!!

I'll be there even though I'm not allowed to play in this contest.

just unplug one plug wire an your good shayne lol

what if we did a aftermarket cylinder class and a stock cylinder class..... would make it more of a duner shoot out and a drag bike shoot out...... still need to put cc limits on it though... cause i know there are a few 10mill stock cylinder bikes running around

I think everone is missing the point. This outlaw setup is not for everone, thats why we are running the regular grudge style racing like normal. This class is for the guys that think they have a chance to go heads up in a wild kind of race that will take a good rider, good chassis tuneup, hard running motor, and a fairly nice pair.lol

And there is no reason why the type of stock cylinders you guys are runnin shouldnt be a fair race with any -500cc motor under these rules,we have all seen multiple 4 mil stock cylinders go low to mid 4 sec with no bars already.

Thats why its a additional 50_75 dollar buy in to one make the race a highly competitive race filled with the nastiest bikes,and riders. This is also why its in addition to the std. phills tnt so everyone can race.

Nothing exciting about 4.50+ bikes running outlaw no bar. If you cant hang or need a handicap this race isnt for you.lol

just my .02

slim

Chris has a point here most with the fast bikes will run in the rwyb class... I'm down long as it stays organized and there's someone in charge of who's racing who. Just don't wanna have to wait around for a race for 20+ min to run someone...