is this can be repaired

banshee9090

n20, the translation when he posts is a bit different. In his other thread he was referring to a fouled plug as damaged.

I honestly think you could save the time and effort and order yourself up a nice rotor from JDS Customs and be done with it. Get a nice smooth straight product and be ready to go.

- Jared

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a bit of a language barrier here. I'm sure by balance, he doesn't mean anything having to do with vibration. As previously mentioned, trying to machine that in a lathe, like you have it set up, is going to result in ringing and horrible chattering. The surface will end up MUCH worse than you presently have. I feel that, from your description, that you have a caliper problem or a problem with the parking brake cable. If you really want to machine the disc, you need to find someone that can grind it on a Blanchard grinder.

yes a Blanchard grinder is standard machine :clap:for such work, the parking brake caliper is stuck up causing rotor like that.

Can't spoil a rotten egg, won't hurt to try. I would start at center and work out, taking real small cuts. Then order a new one. If you still have parking brake get rid of it.

Must be hella language barrier, I tried to PM him back at the begining of his build/porting and it wouldn't go through banghead . Probably more to do with politic/idology, fuck the governments, et al :cheers: .

Can't spoil a rotten egg, won't hurt to try. I would start at center and work out, taking real small cuts. Then order a new one. If you still have parking brake get rid of it.

Must be hella language barrier, I tried to PM him back at the begining of his build/porting and it wouldn't go through banghead . Probably more to do with politic/idology, fuck the governments, et al :cheers: .

thanks Larry's Shee for the nice advice and supports.:cheers:

ok i'm going to look at this problem like if i was in another country and getting another rotor is a huge pain in the ass.

first find the problem with the caliper, i think you did. the slides the caliper are on need to move back and forth VERY easily. its a floating caliper. and its like that for a reason..

then with it all mounted up rotate it around and you will see the warped area's rubbing on the caliper. like said whack it with a rubber mallet and get it back to pretty much straight.. then go ride it and see how think it feels.. IF thats just not going to work then...

next with your cheapo lathe you have there i would make 2 thick plates that are about as wide as the section of the rotor that DOSENT hit the caliper or ride in the pads. one plate you you have a stub welded on it and the other would have to have threads or bolt on these plates i would think 1/4 inch thick to 1/2 in thick. then bolt the rotor to that and then 0 it all in then you can make very light cuts with your tooling and probably clean it up, if it chatters reall.y bad you can try running the other side with a piece of wood to take out the chatter. BUT i wouldnt bother with it that much. the way you have it chucked in the lathe is horrible it has almost no support and when you go to cut it your going to push the rotor over and get a very unreliable cut. you need to support the entire rotor as its very thin and not really all that ridgid..

a brand new rotor from yamaha is about 45 bucks a brand new 660 rotor which has a differnt pattern in it is a little bit cheaper last one of those i boought was about 35-40 bucks since you have access to both machines you can see the banshee rotor has holes and the rappy 660 rotor is a kinda cross cut pattern

ok i'm going to look at this problem like if i was in another country and getting another rotor is a huge pain in the ass.

first find the problem with the caliper, i think you did. the slides the caliper are on need to move back and forth VERY easily. its a floating caliper. and its like that for a reason..

then with it all mounted up rotate it around and you will see the warped area's rubbing on the caliper. like said whack it with a rubber mallet and get it back to pretty much straight.. then go ride it and see how think it feels.. IF thats just not going to work then...

next with your cheapo lathe you have there i would make 2 thick plates that are about as wide as the section of the rotor that DOSENT hit the caliper or ride in the pads. one plate you you have a stub welded on it and the other would have to have threads or bolt on these plates i would think 1/4 inch thick to 1/2 in thick. then bolt the rotor to that and then 0 it all in then you can make very light cuts with your tooling and probably clean it up, if it chatters reall.y bad you can try running the other side with a piece of wood to take out the chatter. BUT i wouldnt bother with it that much. the way you have it chucked in the lathe is horrible it has almost no support and when you go to cut it your going to push the rotor over and get a very unreliable cut. you need to support the entire rotor as its very thin and not really all that ridgid..

a brand new rotor from yamaha is about 45 bucks a brand new 660 rotor which has a differnt pattern in it is a little bit cheaper last one of those i boought was about 35-40 bucks since you have access to both machines you can see the banshee rotor has holes and the rappy 660 rotor is a kinda cross cut pattern

not really pain in the ass,I Usually Enjoy fixing thinks, Regardless wasting time,I think some People are learning from them mistake, any how ,thank you camatv that is really good idea,i have dismantled the caliper ,cleaned it and it looks Better , i will tray it under normal operating and i will see i may need to change o-rig set because when i take it a parts the caliper piston is not slides VERY easily ,i have to put some of force by Screwdriver to make the piston move.

well,it works for me ,for acceptable rotor vibration, i think cutting 0.02mm turn per time from rotor until it clean good idea , and the brake caliper been fixed, thanks guys for wonderful advice really

After 7 years, I think that something had to eventually give me some trouble; this doesn't seem too bad. any way ,sine it been 10mil i have trouble shifting from 2th to 3th sometimes when I'm at full throttle only at dunes , i been running 10 / 30 castrol oil.

thanks for suggestion, hq.guys

well,it works for me ,for acceptable rotor vibration, i think cutting 0.02mm turn per time from rotor until it clean good idea , and the brake caliper been fixed, thanks guys for wonderful advice really

After 7 years, I think that something had to eventually give me some trouble; this doesn't seem too bad. any way ,sine it been 10mil i have trouble shifting from 2th to 3th sometimes when I'm at full throttle only at dunes , i been running 10 / 30 castrol oil.

thanks for suggestion, hq.guys

9090....is your transmission all stock? alot of people have problems running big motors on stock transmissions. Most have a problem of finding a "false neutral" between 2nd and 3rd gear. There are sponsors on this site that can cut the "dogs" of your transmission off on CNC machines to allow it to catch easier. I believe the problem is making so much power that the "dogs" are just being forced past their normal grabbing position because of the speed/power of the motor.

9090....is your transmission all stock? alot of people have problems running big motors on stock transmissions. Most have a problem of finding a "false neutral" between 2nd and 3rd gear. There are sponsors on this site that can cut the "dogs" of your transmission off on CNC machines to allow it to catch easier. I believe the problem is making so much power that the "dogs" are just being forced past their normal grabbing position because of the speed/power of the motor.

thanks Jereme6655 ,it all stock i have only lockup clutch, if that is the problem i would wait until i spread the case, as well as i m in Saudi Arabia i would like to buy new one from US.

Edited by banshee9090

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=149977 Check this out, this will help you until you split the cases. Maybe someone will post a pic of a cut trans (hint) . It's something that a good machine shop could do easily, maybe who trenched your cases. Worse case you could do it with a hand grinder, you did do your own porting. Get your brake fixed? Might get new disc from Yamaha? Might start thinking about some bigger carburators. :cheers:

http://bansheehq.com...howtopic=149977 Check this out, this will help you until you split the cases. Maybe someone will post a pic of a cut trans (hint) . It's something that a good machine shop could do easily, maybe who trenched your cases. Worse case you could do it with a hand grinder, you did do your own porting. Get your brake fixed? Might get new disc from Yamaha? Might start thinking about some bigger carburators. :cheers:

absolutely right Larry's Shee, that was my first try ror trenching my cases and porting my 10mil cyli. with hand grinder of course it will looks Worse but i think not the Worst i had no choice doing it, a good machine shop will ask for too much money,thank you very very much Larry's Shee for the sweet advice