VIto's 421 on ALCOHOL?

EvilBanshee

Had the same style motor just put on alky with 40mm carbs runs a hell of a lot better didn't think was possible with vitos LOL but purging doesn't tke long and u should u the guzzle cause it sucks a lot of gas and domes should be 17cc

What do you have to do to "purge"? Also what pipes are you running? And what do you mix your oil ratio at with alcohol?

What do you have to do to "purge"? Also what pipes are you running? And what do you mix your oil ratio at with alcohol?

purging is just running the bike on gas/oil mix before you put it away for the day. it gets run until the alky has been run out and the gas/oil is firing the engine. NOT by shuting the alki off and running the bike out of fuel and THEN running it on gas....that will be a sure way to burn up your motor.

purging is just running the bike on gas/oil mix before you put it away for the day. it gets run until the alky has been run out and the gas/oil is firing the engine. NOT by shuting the alki off and running the bike out of fuel and THEN running it on gas....that will be a sure way to burn up your motor.

SO i have to either run the whole tank of alcohol up, then add mixed Gasoline, run it for a few minutes,then i can leave the bike over night? What kind of octane is needed to run a big bore on 17cc domes?..... the highest i can get that i know of is 112.

Edited by EvilBanshee

haha....no no......alot of guys will just shut off the fuel valves on the tanks and just pull the fuel lines off and hook it to a small "purge tank" that has hookups for the fuel lines on it......just a tiny little tank that you can put a little gas/oil mix in. You do not have to burn the entire tank in order to purge.