Guns4Children's 421 serval

guns4children

Got to really test the new motor today even though I had a few problems and ended up leaving early with a chewed up flywheel key. My needle and air screws were a little out of wack and mains seemed to be close maybe a Tad to rich. The power is everything that was promised, even though the throttle response was affected by my needle clip. Before with my heavy 22 inch bearclaws it would lug a little in 1st before hitting the powerband. With the new motor it brakes them lose almost instantly. Launching with my old setup and these big tires was a pain, 1st was the only option for a good launch without bog. The serval does 3rd gear launches with ease, just a little hop dump the clutch and you speeding forward. There are a few thing I'm going to need to get used to, not negative, just stuff that's different. The motor seems to rev so much faster I would like to go back to a 14 tooth. Another, is the LARGE amount of tire spin I get when climbing hills. Overall its one hell of a motor and I'm in love. Oh and I have 160 lbs with 24cc domes I am running pump I may run some race gas just to be on the safe side.

I also had my tranny modded by camatv. This thing shifts so freaking smooth under load its crazy. No need to let off the gas, just a quick flick of the clutch and up ya go. This is also something I'm going to need to get used to. I find it hard to tell what gear I'm in cause I can't feel it shift anymore. Over all cams work was top notch and I couldn't be more happy. Shifts 200% better then it did with my stock stroke. I would recommend him to anyone.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out. Couldn't have done it with out the BHQ!!

The serval is no joke, if built with all the necessary componets. Are you running a 13 tooth with it currently? I wouldnt even bother with a 14, instead go ahead and try a 15. That will help your tire spin and also gear it so you don't have to shift as much. That motor has alot of torque and it comes on alomost instantly. Also, why are you running bear claws! ?

The serval is no joke, if built with all the necessary componets. Are you running a 13 tooth with it currently? I wouldnt even bother with a 14, instead go ahead and try a 15. That will help your tire spin and also gear it so you don't have to shift as much. That motor has alot of torque and it comes on alomost instantly. Also, why are you running bear claws! ?

i may try 15 tooth seems like alot of guys like it. i run bear claws cause i can beat them up and they never get holes.

What did they do with your tranny and how much did it cost? Iv got a 421 serval but the tranny is all stock and now you have me wanting to have it worked on lol. What pipes and carbs are you running? And how long of a swingarm?

pm camatv he will tell you all about it. he has a very good turn-around time also.

Where are you located? My motor was setup for pump gas and ive got 22cc domes. I haven't did a comp test but just ran race fuel to be safe. I'm having new domes cut over this winter. I'm currently running 15/41 as well and really like it. As for tire I haven't had a lot of luck. Everything I've tried spins like crazy even on payvment.

this is great thread :headbang: i cant wait to build my serval 4 mill 421cc. i have all the parts and CAMATV and BHQ friends helped me buy the right parts. If i was not going over seas my motor and all the including the bike would be built by camatv he is a great guy and knows his stuff. I wish i got a gear mode like you did gunsforchildren banghead . I only bought the stuff that didn't need machine work like the shift star and the moded drum cam. i got a full hinson clutch kit no lockout. 2 lectron carbs 38mmH/V and V force 3 reeds match ported from wicked and wicked billet intake with crossover "i hope it doesn't leak". and off course R2 pipes.

Guns are you going to Dyno your serval ? :drool:

photo(15).JPG

this is great thread :headbang: i cant wait to build my serval 4 mill 421cc. i have all the parts and CAMATV and BHQ friends helped me buy the right parts. If i was not going over seas my motor and all the including the bike would be built by camatv he is a great guy and knows his stuff. I wish i got a gear mode like you did gunsforchildren banghead . I only bought the stuff that didn't need machine work like the shift star and the moded drum cam. i got a full hinson clutch kit no lockout. 2 lectron carbs 38mmH/V and V force 3 reeds match ported from wicked and wicked billet intake with crossover "i hope it doesn't leak". and off course R2 pipes.

Guns are you going to Dyno your serval ? :drool:

There isnt any atv dynos around me that i know of. If eastcoast atv ever gets theirs working i may run it to try and tune it in a bit better.

Where are you located? My motor was setup for pump gas and ive got 22cc domes. I haven't did a comp test but just ran race fuel to be safe. I'm having new domes cut over this winter. I'm currently running 15/41 as well and really like it. As for tire I haven't had a lot of luck. Everything I've tried spins like crazy even on payvment.

im in harrisburg pa. its like 900ft