serval to cub

jayc

Has anyone taken serval cylinders and done a halfway port to a cub? I am going to a 10 mil serval but may have them do a halfway port to a cub to gain a few more horse but try and maintain some lowend.

I would call Matt Shearer he'll give you the skinny.

If you want your 10mil serval to rev out a bit higher then just abkut any good builder can port it a little more if they have dealt with cubs much. Sounds like you should have just gotten an unported cub. If you are Wanting a drag motor theres a ton of em cheap or you could trade. I know of a couple real fast cubs you could swap a serval for.

No way to get tractor low end torque and 2 stroke drag ported hp out of the same motor. The top end you want to gain is going to come off the bottom end.

Andy at M&M ATV is working the cases and going to do an inbetween port per my request. He said the same thing basically one or the other but we are going to try it and see what happens. I am a drag racer at heart but love the dunes, Little Sahara in UT., Glammis, Little Sahara in Oklahoma as well. My motor was stock except the minor porting I did, which did help considerably, M&M head, timing, Shearer SB pipes, HD clutch. I will end up with +2+1 A Arms, all Motowoz shocks, 6" over swingarm, 10 mil "cubal", 40mm lectrons, new domes, keeping the SB Shearers, etc. I am going to have Andy dyno it after I get it put together, I'll post the numbers.

Andy at M&M ATV is working the cases and going to do an inbetween port per my request. He said the same thing basically one or the other but we are going to try it and see what happens. I am a drag racer at heart but love the dunes, Little Sahara in UT., Glammis, Little Sahara in Oklahoma as well. My motor was stock except the minor porting I did, which did help considerably, M&M head, timing, Shearer SB pipes, HD clutch. I will end up with +2+1 A Arms, all Motowoz shocks, 6" over swingarm, 10 mil "cubal", 40mm lectrons, new domes, keeping the SB Shearers, etc. I am going to have Andy dyno it after I get it put together, I'll post the numbers.

By the looks of your setup you wont be hurt any if you do end up with a cub. Maybe a little short on the swing arm.