what next?

medley

what part should i go with next? my banshee has 28mm keihin pwk's,pro design cool head 21cc dome's, .040 weisco pro lite pistons, weisco crank, +10/-10 timming plate on +4 timming,stock intake, no porting, toomey t-6's, 13/41 sprockets with 20 inch tires. im really just trying beat my buddy and he has Pro Design Cool Head 21 cc domes,.040 weisco piston,Full Race port on the cylinders,FMF pipes ,Trinity adjustable timing plate,kehien 38mm carb,trinity stage 4 1-2 intake ,vforce reeds, 12/41 gearing with 22 inch tires. he slowly pulls on me untill 4th gear then 5th and 6th he pulls hard on me.

I'd just like the point out how the original poster listed all his mods and his buddies and then asked what he needed to do to beat him. Sure makes it a lot easier when we know what you're already working with.

That said, porting is key. T-6's are built for a stock port motor so you would need to upgrade to something less restrictive to match the porting. It all comes down to how much you want to spend.

That is like saying you want 4 stroke torque and Drag ported top end. Your not going to get an Ideal engine that will do the two extreem opposites. Your going to have to make a compromise so what is more important to you?

i was just saying what i do. isn't there a happy medium? haha. what would be a good port job ,who does good work and what does it cost? i have a couple buddies that have machine shops and can port and check flow numbers. is there certain tricks that need to be done?

In my opinion a good dune port would be the closest thing to the best of both worlds. Kevin at HJR dune ported my cylinders & does fantastic port work also. You can't go wrong with any site sponsor except one but im not calling this company out. You will find out who they are when you keep reading on here long enough. In my opinion the best pipe for a dune port would be CPI's, they are like T-5's on steriods. The R2's are a good pipe from what I've read. T-5's are the best bang for buck. Then it's Shearers, I run Shearers cause I like alot of top end & I am building a bigger motor in the future. Far as intake carbon fiber reeds are good & Stock carbs are good until about 70-80 HP. Hope that helps you out.

Edited by 252wheelieking

In my opinion a good dune port would be the closest thing to the best of both worlds. Kevin at HJR dune ported my cylinders & does fantastic port work also. You can't go wrong with any site sponsor except one but im not calling this company out. You will find out who they are when you keep reading on here long enough. In my opinion the best pipe for a dune port would be CPI's, they are like T-5's on steriods. The R2's are a good pipe from what I've read. T-5's are the best bang for buck. Then it's Shearers, I run Shearers cause I like alot of top end & I am building a bigger motor in the future. Far as intake carbon fiber reeds are good & Stock carbs are good until about 70-80 HP. Hope that helps you out.

thanks for the info. i have carbon fiber reeds. is dune port good for topend? it kinda feels like my bike falls off on topend and i thought it was the jetting but i guess it is the t-6's. i have spent 2 days playing with jetting,needles and air screws but it's still there. would it help any if i got cpi's right now before porting and ditched the t-6's?

i feel like my bike is down on power too. it doesnt even wheelie going through the gears on pavement and my buddies comes up 1st,2nd and 3rd. i just dont see why his does when the only difference in ours is "race port work" that his has. his bike has lowend too.

Edited by medley