Need Some 4mm Motor Advice from the Pro's

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who carrys the twister? How much are they?

Give Louie @ Twister a call. The small-block is $1500 and comes with the cylinders, head, domes, o-ring kit and piston kit. You can get them from 68mm to 75mm on the small-block. I've seen a couple where people changed the sleeve and were able to bore them out to 78mm.

a98e72a2.jpg

4252fb02.jpg

4be7d333.jpg

795562a6.jpg

Edited by BigRed350x

I know nothing about the twister motor, not sure who sales it or any reviews on it ?

Its a billet cylinder block, uses the stock banshee intakes and reeds (but has changeable intake runners on the cylinders so you can run YZ250 reeds or stock banshee reeds and also has changeable exhaust flanges so you can run small-bore or big bore exhaust.) They use iron sleeves and range in size from 68mm to 75mm. I've seen them as large as 78mm but the owner had them re-sleeved with bigger bore sleeves. The Twister Small-Block has tripple exhaust ports and boost ports on the intake side. They have a larger coolant capacity than the CP Industries cylinders, and a much stronger head-stud layout.

Send jmarquez.702 a PM and ask him about how he likes the small-block Twister he got from me if you want a review from someone else. I like the workmanship and the quality of the Twister cylinders a lot more than the CP Industries cylinders like the cub, serval, wampus, etc.

- Jared

I'm going out to dumont on Saturday with the twister to try it out again... This little 4 mil twister is a beast!!!! It just has power everywhere, lol... Ive rode cubs and ported stock cylinders but this little beast is just fun to ride, not too peaky. I'll post up some video and pics on Sunday....

Is the twister motor geared more towards people looking to just drag race with them ???

Not at all. The small-block comes machined with port timings that most would consider a nice dune port. They have a LOT of material left in them, so you can send them off and get them hogged out with a huge drag port if you wanted to. They make very smooth power bottom to top.

its just a 10, i was wanting to prevent case flex..lol

the mini twisters are complete top ends with iron sleeves in them, compared to their counter parts i would think they would be closer to running a cheetah over a cub/serval motor. the mini's are upgradable also, the reed cages and exhaust flanges can be upgraded later on as well as the sleeves for the bigger bores. if the prices are still the same on twister's site its around 1500 starting price to get a mini, so the cost is around the same as getting into a cub motor if your having to buy a head intakes ect.

the only real down side i could see is that they are a little heavier than cub's.

Dont get me wrong either, I have currently a cub motor (stock stroke 68mm bore) and the motor in the pictures above (10mm 75mm bore). Probably soon ill be breaking down the stock stroke motor to build a 4mm dm as well.