Need Some 4mm Motor Advice from the Pro's

Waz up fellas, so I am planning on upgrading my motor within the next month from a Stock stroke dune ported to a 4mm Motor. I have been studying a lot of info here on the site about the 4mm Serval motor. My question is it worth going with the 4mm Serval over a 4mm Stock Cylinder Dune Port setup or is the power comparible to each other. The reason I say this is that I have a 4mm long rod crank and some vrigin unported cylinders already on my shelf, but the Serval kits are on sale at M&M for a great price, and I can sale what I already have to suck up some of the cost of the serval. I need some input to make a decision on what I should do ASAP ??

Also how well does Nikasil cylinders hold up compared to the stock cylinders sleeves ??

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I am hearing reading good things about the Serval as well, just want to make sure I get the most power at the best cost to myself. I am looking for a long time motor to run good and keep a smile on my face for a few years. Also Loco whats your take on Nikasil cylinders.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Serval motors. They're supposed to make good power. I did see that Redline just posted a dyno sheet of a real strong looking 4mm stock cylinder motor he did. I think you can go either way and turn out good on it.

i have mixed opinions about nikasil cylinders......IF you have confidence in yourself and IF you HAVE built a banshee motor from top to bottom before and WILL BE replacing all the bearings and seals in the entire motor......then im okay with nikasil.

reason being is the cost. if you goof somethign during the build or skimp on bearings, or seals and they cut loose and make your piston much on your nikasil.....your in for a real high bill to get your cylinders re-bored and then re-nikasiled. But if you can build it all correctly then yes.....im kinda for it.....its a HELL of a lot more durable than stock sleeves.....just way more to bore them than stock sleeves.