It didnt work out.

Sorry, if i come off as a annoying 13 year old who doesnt know his stuff and make myself look like a retard on half of my posts. But. The 250r sold two days before i got all the money to pay for it. Shitty. But i have $1800 burning a hole in my pocket.

http://salem.craigslist.org/mcy/2714824550.html

Two grand for a banshee looking like its should cost 4-5000.. Does it look like its worth it? Too good to be true? Whats the deal with j-arms, if i got it should i consider getting a conversion kit?

I saw that bike on c-list earlier today. I think it's a killer deal! Especially for what bikes normally go for around here. J-arms are perfectly fine for normal dune riding but aren't recommended for woods, trail or mx riding. If you use it as a sand only bike it will work great. Plus it'll be around 10lbs lighter then an a-arm frame.

I saw that bike on c-list earlier today. I think it's a killer deal! Especially for what bikes normally go for around here. J-arms are perfectly fine for normal dune riding but aren't recommended for woods, trail or mx riding. If you use it as a sand only bike it will work great. Plus it'll be around 10lbs lighter then an a-arm frame.

It looks wayy too good to be true seeing the two grand banshees on craigslist at the moment, and i would only ride the dunes lol. It just looks too nice for two thousand.

It looks wayy too good to be true seeing the two grand banshees on craigslist at the moment, and i would only ride the dunes lol. It just looks too nice for two thousand.

See if he'll let you do a compression test on it. If it's got a fresh motor the compression should be good and even in both cylinders. Also, run the VIN just incase to make sure it's not hot. If all checks out then snatch that shit up. Im not all that suprised to see a good deal like this come along. A lot of people are hurtin for money these days, especially with Christmas right around the corner.

I'd of thought j arms weren't only designed for solely flat riding, or that you would be hitting 100ft doubles.

something you may want to do is get another set of wheels and tyres for mud/dirt riding ( which can be had cheap if you look around), and call the guy to find out exactly what suspension it has.

Also, take someone with you that knows how to shoot (preferably CWP). There have been a lot of Craigslist scam / thefts lately. I just saw in the news where some guy from my state (FL) responded to a job advertisement up in Ohio and was shot. Just be careful and take discreetly armed back up just in case.

Wheat

Personally, I think if you are comparing stock J arms to stock A arms, the Js are stronger. The 2 styles bend differently- on the A arms, the flat plate that attaches the ball joint to the tube will bend easily; the J arms will bend the tube because they are built differently. I know if I found a good deal on a bike, I wouldnot let the fact that it had J arms stop me from buying it. Odds are you are going to become obsessed with your Banshee and will be doing upgrades to it so you can eventually upgrade the arms as needs be. I do know that I had to crash really hard to bend my stock J arm, and my wife was going less than 10 MPH when she bent her stock A arm. I have never bent a J arm just riding and jumping, only by crashing. And I used to weigh 250+ when I had stock J arms.