help identifiying parts and what im missing on new banshee

BRAK54

some will tell you that its a trinity ploy to try and get people to buy a 2-1 carb kit claiming more power, etc, etc....... however.....people who have tried going from original to single carb usually say they don't like it and recommend not doing it. winds up losing low end which isn't known to be real strong on banshees already.

then its about rebuilt time, you want to be 140-160 IIRC

Wow you are on a roll with some quality replies in this thread dude! It is not time for a rebuild with a stock head 125 on both cylinders is great you have nothing to worry about there. As far as the single carb goes I have switched several bikes back to duals that had a singel on them and everyone the people have been much happier with the duals. That being said there are also lots of people who think the single is a great way to go. That intake looks a little cheesey to me not sure why they have spacers in there along with the single intake. If it were my bike I would put the duals back on if you are missing anything one of the guys on here will hook you up with what you need real quick. Good luck.

That's the graydon 2-1 intake, it's supposedly the better design of the 2-1 intakes, better than the "pretty" billet ones. I don't have direct experience with it so I can't confirm that but that is what I have read while researching them over time.

Also the 2-1 increases the bottom-mid and looses out on the top when compared to the dual carbs. There has been a lot of misinformation in this thread. Don't be too quick to switch back over, many people run a single with great success and there are some small advantages to the single such as much lighter throttle pull and no need to synch. Like some have said, worry with that later, if it's not giving you problems now.

That's the graydon 2-1 intake, it's supposedly the better design of the 2-1 intakes, better than the "pretty" billet ones. I don't have direct experience with it so I can't confirm that but that is what I have read while researching them over time.

Also the 2-1 increases the bottom-mid and looses out on the top when compared to the dual carbs. There has been a lot of misinformation in this thread. Don't be too quick to switch back over, many people run a single with great success and there are some small advantages to the single such as much lighter throttle pull and no need to synch. Like some have said, worry with that later, if it's not giving you problems now.

Ding Ding Ding! Lol! Misinformation in this thread? That's an understatement! 125 psi needs a rebuild.....single carb sacrifices bottom end....then the posts are magically gone. Lol!

As trick said, don't be too quick to believe everything you read on here. Unfortunately some have made false statements, but eveything can't be 100% accurate in a public forum. Also, you said high comression pistons in your first post. We adjust compression with dome size, not by changing the crown on the piston. Usually an aftermarket head with interchangable dome to increase compression. It is possible that your stock head has been flycut to increase compression which would mean the 125 psi IS low. But looking at everything I would say the head hasn't been touched and your 125 psi is fine. Run the single carb and see if you like it. It works well for some riding applications. Tidy things up and enjoy.

SP

shit......ya caught me.....meant to say you supposedly gain low end. got it crossed as i was trying to think while i typed......smoke outta the ears must have gotten in the way.

also elevation effects the compression too........gonna be way different if your up at like 6-7000 feet up as opposed to sea level.

these cragslist specials and budget builds remind me of these local goons bringing me old street bikes and old as hell dirt bikes and want them rebuilt. it will cost more than it will ever be worth and then i get a bad reputation for quoting 1000-2000 bucks to fix total junk that their friend said would cost 20 bucks and just needs an "adjustment". like there are lil majic knobs everywhere that i just turn and everythignn fixes itself.

get it running. see what ya got, get a seat and some plastics and thank god you dont need more light at night to work on it. if there is someone local to you that actually knows half of what they say see if you can get some hands on help. thats goes a lot further than the he say she say you get from public forums at times.

and yea that looks like a graydon intake. used one with a 40mm pwk back in the days it wasnt too bad,. <--thats first hand experience!