whats the ultimate trail set up?

depends on what you call woods. our woods are pretty tight and i have never used more than what a stock motor can make and never needed and suspension mods. smaller the bike the better and only power you can use.

Trails like wide gaslines, shale roads, gas lines, some tight trails, lots of steep shale hills, dirt roads, fields. Lots of places to get wide open, im located near erie PA. Ive got the following mods: holeshot xct's the whole way around, PC pipes, adj timing plate at +4, wiseco pistons, trail/race port, trinity cool head, 20cc domes, 15/40 gearing, 28mm carbs, lonestar steering stem, +4 swingarm, no lid on air box, plus several 1inch holes drilled in the air box, water impeller, blue ice, klotz, 50/50 mix, motion pro twist throttle, renthal fatbars, bored. 020 over, D.I.D gold chain, and probably other little mods. What else would help??

depends on what you call woods. our woods are pretty tight and i have never used more than what a stock motor can make and never needed and suspension mods. smaller the bike the better and only power you can use.

agreed woods from my area are tight and you can barley get outta 3rd now but the banshee does handle very well in the tight wooods but the more power you put in to a woods bike the more you will most likly be walking

agreed woods from my area are tight and you can barley get outta 3rd now but the banshee does handle very well in the tight wooods but the more power you put in to a woods bike the more you will most likly be walking

[/quote

or not walking again ..........them dam tree's jump in the way

I do lots of trail and off road riding and back road racing with friends. I just got a 421 serval in my shee. Now I have not rode it alot yet but so far I love it. LOTS of low end power but still hauls ass up top. With your +4 swinger I think it would treat you really well if you went with the serval

I didn't see the k&n mod

The yfz450 conversion can be cheap and really

Good

Your domes are 20 what is your compression?

If your close to 150 than your good there.

You might want to mod the tranny so you can shift with out the clutch or letting off the gas.

You have the cool head so you can go 4 mil if your crank isn't welded or you just want to up grade anyway.

Yfz 450

EXACTLY what I was thinking.....

YFZ can out handle, out corner, out jump and out maneuver any banshee, and they ride nice

I use my banshee to kill guys at the dunes, straights and drags, YFZ is for everything else

you will get many mixed opinions but by the time you spend the money and upgrade a stock banshee for trails or woods to what you want, go buy a YFZ for about $2300, and spend good money on the banshee to destroy everyone in the dunes and drags.

or like the other guy said, put some pipes on it and be happy