Ebay serval is it a good setup?

figaro

is this setup good and are they a good reputable seller ?

Banshee 421cc 68mm 4mm 4 Mil Ported Serval Cub Hotrods Crank Billet Head Domes

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Banshee-421cc-68mm-4mm-4-Mil-Ported-Serval-Cub-Hotrods-Crank-Billet-Head-Domes-/280762518037?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item415ec00a15

or is this setup better http://www.mmatvonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_27_22&products_id=655&osCsid=fbc1b3aac413bc3719dfdb0d8656b672

I might buy them tomorrow so i hope i get some replies soon :drool:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't go wrong with M&M ATV. I would stick to the site sponsors where possible.

Have you spoken to Jeff from F.A.S.T.? I bought my 4mm serval from Jeff and was very happy with the excellent service and the price.

(as an example of good service; USPS made a mistake with my clutch shipment to South Africa and Jeff went well beyond what was expected to sort it out and he did)

And you get that awesme head that forces you to be stuck running trinity domes, which I have herd isnt the best situation. Wonder why the dont use Trinity Racing as their screen name. There is plenty of other site sponcers I would rather deal with.

I would take a motor built by Jeff at FAST or Andy at M&M.

Before you spend that kind of money on ebay spend a few mins on the phone and do some research. Call Cameron at Redline Call Andy at M&M Jeff at Fast and check there prices and see what kind of advice they give you. The service you are going to get after the sell is very important and if you buy from a dealer you like talking to you are goiing to be glad in the end.

here is my suggestion...

seeing that your going to be taking it kinda far away..

but a HOTRODS fully welded crank with american TZ bearing on it and maxload.

use a cometic AFM or alluminum reinforced basegasket NOT that SHIT paper (i dont care what they tell you) have the top case filled for better surface contact on the basegasket.

use wiseco pistons OR wossner pistons. lately i am prefering the wossner to the wiseco's droping quality..

use a NOSS head OR prodesign head ( i'd lean heavily towards the NOSS) PD style head domes are more and more becoming the std shape for domes. if you nuke one or have a problem getting a replacement will be easy. PLUS the CUB dome desing is pretty std anymore escpecially through NOSS ( Dave is the man!)

get a Mattoon billet basket. get the transmission modified to work with the serval ( i know a guy who does this HINT HINT WINK WINK ) use a driveline HD clutch kit with HD springs and a billet clutch pusher with the bearing on it..

use SHEAR pipes, USE 36/38hv gas lectrons.

is someone called me and asked for a serval thats what i would do. i'd also heavily suggest proper porting, and complete assembly and inframe tuning ( put the motor in a bike set it up tune it ride it) any less and i'm sorry i wont build it. i'd work around differnt carbs if i had to but the rest is pretty much set in stone..

BUT thats just me..

as far as the "kit" m+m's is one i would consider. i believe jeff uses a HOTRODS crank. I personally havent had much luck with the wiseco cranks due to bad assembly. andy's cranks seem to be holding up fine in the few i have built using those.

now i know why i joined this forum you guys are the best :cheers:

i will call the m up and see my options you guys convened me :notworthy:

.40 is to tight on a serval.. or any cub..

personally i'd be looking more like .45-.55 range average squish clearance..

over .50 and they will live forever.. rev to the moon and be much easier on crank parts..

but again thats just me..