trinity pv motor vs stock cyl 4mill

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont have one cheeta pv motor that runs good.

i have 2.

and one that i built that is still in its early stages of "tuning" ( springer's) that lil 400 has already pissed a few peeps off..

i dont care what trinity has done sells or produces. there are plenty of shops that make a crap motor package.. HELL one local one to me ( in wichita) has a 610 cc honda 4 stroke that made 52 hp WOW>.

if you put the BS aside. the cheeta casting is superior to a cub.. ( not trinity)

Well, just to get it back on topic. The Title of the post is Trinity PV motor vs stock cylinder 4 mill.

So to answer his question...........there isn't a chance in hell that his friends bike is going to beat him.

Not because it's not possible to build a strong Cheetah......but because we know Trinity built the one in question. :shootself:

I'll bet it all on the 4 mil stock cylinder bike. Even if it's poorly tuned, jetted pig fat and running a 2 into one exhaust. B)

BUYING FROM TRINITY - It's like eating raw chicken......

Once you do, you regret it for a long time and you really wish you had picked someone who could prepare it correctly.

Race him. Keep us posted and try not to run into anything while your looking back counting bike lengths. :cheers:

Once you do, you regret it for a long time and you really wish you had picked someone who could prepare it correctly.

thats a great analagy! i totally agree

but because we know Trinity built the one in question. :shootself:

I'll bet it all on the 4 mil stock cylinder bike. Even if it's poorly tuned, jetted pig fat and running a 2 into one exhaust. B)

Race him. Keep us posted and try not to run into anything while your looking back counting bike lengths. :cheers:

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

so, so true

Well, just to get it back on topic. The Title of the post is Trinity PV motor vs stock cylinder 4 mill.

So to answer his question...........there isn't a chance in hell that his friends bike is going to beat him.

Not because it's not possible to build a strong Cheetah......but because we know Trinity built the one in question. :shootself:

:rotflmao: Sounds like you spoke on the topic & jumped right back off topic with your opinion about trinity..... :shrugani: I'm just saying

Its a shame that the sales rights for the cheetah cylinder are through trinity. If other builders could get their hands on the cylinders readily, I'm sure there would be much better results out there with them. Trinity doesn't realize that you can't use the same stupid dome design with different series pistons (different series pistons have been sent out with different cheetah cylinders). They need to give up the sales rights to the cheetah. I know I wouldn't mind buying one if Trinity didn't have their dirty hands all over them.

I would go with a 4mil stock cylinder.

:rotflmao: Sounds like you spoke on the topic & jumped right back off topic with your opinion about trinity..... :shrugani: I'm just saying

WOW, first time in a while that I've had a chance to vent about Trinity and the masses seem to be in agreement. :jesterlaugh:

Sounds like the world is finally up to speed on the dome issues. I know I figured it out the hard way.......

As for my opinion on Trinity....that will never change......Raw Chicken! :bolt:

WOW, first time in a while that I've had a chance to vent about Trinity and the masses seem to be in agreement. :jesterlaugh:

Sounds like the world is finally up to speed on the dome issues. I know I figured it out the hard way.......

As for my opinion on Trinity....that will never change......Raw Chicken! :bolt:

I've heard that they have even tried to copy other builders domes for the cheetah and still can't get it right. They don't seem to understand that other builders are cutting the domes specifically for each persons setup, and that particular dome profile won't work on every "kit" they send out. I really do wish they weren't the only place to get one. I also doubt they would be as expensive if you could get them from other builders. They should re-market their "kit" as a "Box-O-Fail"

Edited by BigRed350x

if they are so advanced i'm not sure why they have to copy the design. not even sure who came up with th e original design of the dome they offer..

MAYBE since trinity is a sponsor now they could chime in and shed some light on this??

grand prix dome designs of the late 80's early 90's still work today and are much more suited to this type of a motor.. hell even the BOOK on file at MIT has more info on this i'm sure.. the old mx motor's and books i used to read on this subject talked about it lightly.

from what i understand you can get everythign from M+M at least i'm pretty sure.. the red motor in their sig is a PV engine..

if i do finally open a full on shop i would like to specialize in that particular casting.. OR do much more with the twister cylinder. first i'd have to get one to try out..

It is correct that Trinity owned the rights to the Cheetah P.V. design. But I'm 99% sure that rights to it have expired. I'm pretty sure that any CP dealer can now buy the Cheetah set-up from Calvin. I think that the main issue, is that most builders don't favor that design.

The price is also higher than the other cylinder designs due to the added machine work for the powervalves. Then you add in the fact that with Trinity holding the rights this whole time.....you didn't have other builders trying things and doing R+D on the cylinders. So other designs have leapfrogged the Cheetah because more builders have worked to find out what the other cylinders like.

I know a rare few like the design....but when the manuacturer of the cylinder, refers to it as "Obslolete".......................... :shrugani:

I said it once say it again, My 535 built by Doug at DM MotorSports is a great motor, only had to rebuild it once in 5 Years, do to sand getting in the cylinder. The PV motor is a great motor I had beat the shit out of that motor and it never let's me down..

Ok Trinity did have the rights on the Cheetah's for about 7 years. After that you could purchase the Cheetah kit form other suppliers that leads to did Trinity really sell the Cheetah with the bad domes etc?. Trinity has been in business for over 30 years, yes there has been an issue for example John case, we did what we felt was fair. John is still not happy and that is ok. You cant please them all. I own a 400 and a 421 Cheetah p/v. My opinion the p/v is a much better performing engine. It works the best for my needs. If a person is building an engine for just drag racing well then it may be better for them to build a cub. If a person wants a strong bottom to mid with the option of racing for FUN with his buddies then a p/v is a great option. This forum should be a place to learn and ask questions. a lot of you have very strong opinions again that is great, freedom of speech right. You all have options on who sells you the parts and you all have options on who potentially may build your engine. You will need to decide this on your own. If you buy parts off the internet well good luck to you. We all here at Trinity what everyone to know we will always do our best to take care of the customers needs. If we screw up then we will FIX it!

Jaymes Welch

Trinity Racing

Sales Manager

909-373-1337 Ext 105

jwelch@trinityracing.com

Your one stop shop for all your ATV,UTV & Motorcyle needs