Powervalve Question

94Mike

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-stroke_power_valve_system

this is a great read.

also IF the PV system is such a waste why did ALL the major manu's design, and use it on their motors?

I am just saying from what was being discussed in the Trinity bash thread that was removed. I didnt mean power valves were completly out dated. Just when you compair the cost of builing a cheetah compaired to the cost of building a larger cc DM or DMX it costs about the same, and the larger motor will have just as good bottom end and better top end.

AS for the major mfg's using power valves. It allows for the best power delivery when given a class limit on engine cc size, and allows for smaller lighter engines to have a better power curve. You cant build a 500+ cc 2 stroke dirtbike and enter it in a 250/450 cc class.

Either way im going with the 400pv

Just was wondering which one was cheaper.

Its like a big big cc Cheetah with no power valves.

Cheetah DM can go from a 472cc to 611cc's and the Cheetah DMX can go from 643cc's to 772cc's.

The Cheeta PV, Cheetah DM, DMX, Serval, Cheetah Cub are all made / cast by the same company. CP Industries. Trinity just purchased the right to sell the PV Cheetah cylinders. So all cylinders have to be bought through them, wheather by you directly or the guy your going to buy it from.

http://cpindinc.com/pub/part_list?manufacturer=3

Edited by jbooker82

Its like a big big cc Cheetah with no power valves.

Cheetah DM can go from a 472cc to 611cc's and the Cheetah DMX can go from 643cc's to 772cc's.

The Cheeta PV, Cheetah DM, DMX, Serval, Cheetah Cub are all made / cast by the same company. CP Industries. Trinity just purchased the right to sell the PV Cheetah cylinders. So all cylinders have to be bought through them, wheather by you directly or the guy your going to buy it from.

http://cpindinc.com/pub/part_list?manufacturer=3

So your telling me the cost of a 400cc Cheetah will be the same as a 643-772cc Cheetah DMX?

So your telling me the cost of a 400cc Cheetah will be the same as a 643-772cc Cheetah DMX?

Probably not one that is a 10mill due to the cost of trenching the cases for the longer stroker, and the price of the crank. A 4mill DM or DMX would be closer since only the top half of the case will need work. I have not looked in to build costs personaly. I am just repeating what was said in another thread. Trinitys web site shows the Cheetah engine kit for $2900 bucks. It doesnt say wich kit though. I would bet is is the 400cc and the other kits that require a stroker crank would probably cost more.

it is hard to do but ask andy about pricing a 400 cheeta with PV's. you CAN get the cheeta without going through trinity... the cast head is actually cheaper.. and rember just the crank, cyl, pistons, and a head are NOT going to get you a motor built. also on the cheeta you will want to spec either gas supercub style dome or on the 400/ 68mm you would need to spec cub gas 22cc domes similar to what the cub uses NOT the off shelf trinity spec monsterdetomatic domes. ALSO the porting if done on a cheeta to in my mind be done right needs to be spec'd with the powervalves. it is done much differntly than just "normal" porting that i have seen on cubs. at least what i have done on the ones i have built.. a larger bore cylinder is much easier to make the larger blade PV's work 10 times better. try pricing a 485cc motor. 73mm bore/ 4 mill stroke i'd also highly recomend a cut modified stock transmission, billet basket, and HD clutch kit with springs. you will also need a differnt pipe ( cpi, SNIPER, SHEAR.) i'd recomend sniper for an excellent mid/top pipe OR the shear for a tractable topend overrev pipe. i personally feel those 2 pipe choices are superior to the CPI BUT some prefer the cpi for whatever reason.. you can get away with stock carbs and modified reeds BUT they like larger carbs. i'd suggest 34/36 or 36/36 or 36/38 HV lectrons... and finally i would recomend a 4 mill HOTRODS crank with american built TZ bearing fully welded.

you will also need seals ( god i hope you buy OEM) and all the other gaskets for the motor. and someone to assemble, mock , and custom build the motor. if tuned right and built this way, proper maintenance you would have an unbelieveable well running, and very reliable motor. unless some kind of unknowable total mechaincal melt down happend..

421 serval kit from M&M = $1,800.

Cheetah PV Kit from Trinity = $2,900.

The question is though if thats for all the kits or for the 610cc Kit.

no sense in comparing prices if you dont know what is included in the "kit". i would call andy at M&M and have him price out everything for the cheetah, then you would be comparing part for part. of course the cheetah will be a little more expensive because you are buying more parts, such as the power valve's, but it shouldn't be $1,100 more.