Cool Head How-To Install?

Schweet97Z

The timing plate is set at 5* timing right now. That is what Denny at Flotek told me to run. I was going to advance it to 8* run the 17cc domes and put the thing on race gas. I got a set of Cpi's and just looking for alittle more power and torque.

So much for asking what we think he should do! You might as well not bother with the race gas because with 18 degrees timing and 17cc domes, you will be pulling it apart right away to put a new crank, pistons, and domes in it because when that crank lets go from all the cylinder pressure it is going to send shrapnel throughout the entire motor.

Chill out man....its just a sig. I wasn't asking for you opinion with this thread anyways. I was asking for pointers on a cool head install. It just so happens I made early changes for my plan on the quad. If I didn't you wouldn't have been able to make me aware I was doing more harm than good. I'm not stupid but I will admit I'm not super knowledgeable when it comes to these motors...that's y I'm here. PEACE man.

• 8 months later...

dont you have to rejet the carbs if you put a cool head, im wanting to do the same with 18cc domes, i currently have a copression of 165, how ever im running 110 race fuel, im trying to get my compression to 185-180, do i need to rejet my 30mm mikuni carbs

Use Vasoline on the o rings. Do not use any assembly lube or grease. It can plug the radiator, vasoline will melt and disperse.

Holy shit, if you are using so much grease on your o-rings that its clogging up your radiator you need to calm down and get your finger out of the grease bucket. banghead

dont you have to rejet the carbs if you put a cool head, im wanting to do the same with 18cc domes, i currently have a copression of 165, how ever im running 110 race fuel, im trying to get my compression to 185-180, do i need to rejet my 30mm mikuni carbs

any one?