Sheared clutch basket stud

colby72olds

There is a phillips head on the end but it's not threaded all the way. I haven't been into the bottom end and I could definitely imagine the guy I bought it from ghetto rigging all of it. It sheared off about 4 inches from the phillips head. I did try an extending magnet to get the rest of the shit out and there was no way that was working haha.

Thanks guys I'll tear it apart and see what kind of ghetto rigged stuff is in the bottom end.

It didn't shear off. It was cut off by your ghetto rigging dude. It is supposed to be short and you adjust the length by the threaded part and lock it in to place with a jam nut. There is no lateral force on anything inside that shaft to shear it.

SP

I am just wondering if it was keeping the cases sealed up. I recently split my cases and found myself considering high temp RTV to seal it back up. 4-strokes are only sealing up oil. 2-strokes are sealing up oil and fuel and the fuel will break the bond of red RTV, it tells you not to use around gasoline.

I don't get on Banshee HQ to bash people or there rides, but in hopes of learning something or possibly helping some one else!

I had the same adjuster bolt as he did when I did my first tear down.... I dont see anything irregular about that bolt... mine had a good chunk of it threaded the rest was a solid piece like his. and I had a stock adjustment set up... and I just got a stock pressure plate with the stock adjuster in it from HJR... and same rod as pictureed

It looked like it was a bolt that was cut to length. But I guess the endcould have just gotten hot from the friction.

The pancake bearing setup does have a full threaded bolt though... he just has a stock one thats all....

messed up stuff happens when things go wrong... see this is the stock screw that FAST sellls... exacly what he has in the pic.... http://www.farmandsa....asp?partid=368

also that screw might of not sheared... just melted and broke a chunk off or what not... which is possible.... even if it does have a chunk sheared from it... Heat will weaken the shit out of it... if the nut was on tight enough and all that it could of snapped... i dont see that being too far fetched at all personally

It could in no way shear inside the shaft. Utterly impossible. If welded well enough it could possibly twist in two, but never shear, simply not enough room in the shaft for it to shear. I doubt there would ever be enough force to twist it in two, but it could physically happen.

The case sealant is a different colour... but before everyone goes on a "its a piece of shit" band wagon there are other sealants out there you can use to mate the cases.... it doesnt HAVE to be the 1211 or yamabond or what ever you use.....

You cannot use RTV on case halves. The fuel will deteriorate it and cause an airleak and we all know what that leads to. It does have to be 1211, yamabond, hondabond or something impervious to petroleum.

If you look online the "red" is just another type of RTV sealant.... can be used on headers and other surfaces....

NEVER EVER on two stroke cases!

To me all that went wrong is that he welded the shit together... which has happened to a whack load of people on here...

You will more then likely need to split the cases to get that out... but dont go as far as its all fucked because people THINK its all rigged up...

And nobody was bashing his ride. We were just saying to be sure and check it out good because there are a lot of nit wits out there that think they are mechanics and fuck things up. You never know what you have until you do it yourself. Hell, he even admitted that he could see the guy he got it from taking short cuts. Anyone that uses RTV to seal up a 2 stroke case is very inexperienced to say the least.

In a very non bashing way.....

SP