421 serval

94Mike

Mine is a gas hog 10mil serval but I put a bigger tank on it, it probably uses 1.5 to 2 times the gas as my old ported stocker

What about a 4 mil? Or is there not that much of a difference.

This all depends on carbs and what cc motor you have... A bigger motor is gunna need more fuel my 350 dune port does just fine only have 3 sizes bigger mains in it. Not much a diff in fuel but deff a diff power...

Thanks CFH, but im interested in a 421 serval gas consumption.

I have a 421 serval with 35mm a/s and running R2 pipes. When I took it out this last time trail riding I got a good 3-4 hours out of a tank of gas( stock size). And I'm by no means light on the go peddle.

I have a 421 serval with 35mm a/s and running R2 pipes. When I took it out this last time trail riding I got a good 3-4 hours out of a tank of gas( stock size). And I'm by no means light on the go peddle.

wow that's more than I got with the ported stock motor running it hard

Edited by lms1977

You could get the IMS 4 gallon tank. It doesn't look as bulky as the 5 gallon, the only downside is it doesn't hold as much fuel. It's either better looks or better MPG, choose one.

However, if you dont like the looks of the clarke/ims tank you can gain a little more fuel capacity with the stock tank. It's not much but every bit counts. Drain your gas from your tank and disconnect your fuel lines from your carbs. Boil some hot water and fill up your tank while it's still bolted on the frame. Close your gas cap and take an air compressor or a hand pump to your vent hose, fill it with a little air but not too much. Let it sit for a few minutes while it's still filled with air. The boiling water will make the plastic tank soft, and the compressed air will expand it. Let it cool down, then repeat. I gained maybe a quart or two of extra fuel.

Im just suprised no company has yet to make a stealthy gas tank to fit under the stock plastics that holds extra fuel, I wonder would it be hard for someone to do?

Thanks guys, its not the look of the quad im worried about, its the headache im going to get FROM looking at it :jesterlaugh::cheers:.

Ill prob start looking at the 4 gallon tank,

Im not sure how much the stock tank holds is it 3.0 or 3.5?