Can Somebody Tell Me What This Is?

Thack82

Okay as a lot of you probably already know I've broke my 04 Banshee down and upgraded a lot of stuff after I burned the ring on my right cylinder riding at Wind Rock OHV riding with some buddies in June. I've just about got everything back together and ready to Trail Ride and compete in a few fall Hare scrambles. I took my Swing Arm & Floor Boards off and sent them to B&B Powder coating and had them Media Blasted/Stripped and Powder Coated Bright Metallic Silver and put a All Ball's Swing Arm Bearing Rebuild Kit in it. When I got it back together and got the chain back on I noticed a Stud sticking out of the frame with a bushing on it right bellow the top Swing Arm Chain Roller.

I never had noticed this before maybe because it was under the Chain.........

• Is that what that Stud with a Bushing on it is.. a Chain Roller?
  • Does the chain go on top of or bellow this?
  • Is there supposed to be some kind of Nylon Roller on this Stud?

I circled the area in an old picture of my Banshee where this part is located and pasted it bellow. If you guys don't mind please take a look at the circled area in the picture and answer the question above.

Thanks,

Jim

304771_10150335880219828_742274827_8072546_240827083_n.jpg

I can't really see the pic good I'm on a phone but It should be the lower chain roller and yes the chain goes above it.

There is no stud on the frame for a chain roller. There are 2 tabs with a through hole for an axle or bolt for the chain rollers. On the axle or bolt will be a bearing or two (depending on the type of roller you buy) with a nylon roller on the bearings. http://www.tmdesignworks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_195_168&products_id=331

SP

There is no stud on the frame for a chain roller. There are 2 tabs with a through hole for an axle or bolt for the chain rollers. On the axle or bolt will be a bearing or two (depending on the type of roller you buy) with a nylon roller on the bearings. http://www.tmdesignw...products_id=331

SP

I'll post a picture later, so you can see what I'm talking about. I think theres something missing.

Okay as a lot of you probably already know I've broke my 04 Banshee down and upgraded a lot of stuff after I burned the ring on my right cylinder riding at Wind Rock OHV riding with some buddies in June. I've just about got everything back together and ready to Trail Ride and compete in a few fall Hare scrambles. I took my Swing Arm & Floor Boards off and sent them to B&B Powder coating and had them Media Blasted/Stripped and Powder Coated Bright Metallic Silver and put a All Ball's Swing Arm Bearing Rebuild Kit in it. When I got it back together and got the chain back on I noticed a Stud sticking out of the frame with a bushing on it right bellow the top Swing Arm Chain Roller.

I never had noticed this before maybe because it was under the Chain.........

• Is that what that Stud with a Bushing on it is.. a Chain Roller?
  • Does the chain go on top of or bellow this?
  • Is there supposed to be some kind of Nylon Roller on this Stud?

I circled the area in an old picture of my Banshee where this part is located and pasted it bellow. If you guys don't mind please take a look at the circled area in the picture and answer the question above.

Thanks,

Jim

304771_10150335880219828_742274827_8072546_240827083_n.jpg

That IS the bolt for the chain roller, its just that the roller its self is completely worn down to the bolt. I have dealt with this before on my own bike on the top roller. i ordered the kit thet spurdy refered to with the lip to keep the links in line, so far so good for me. I only needed the top one but the kit came with both so i just replaced both. I really like them. Just my 2 cents