Difference between Air strikers, PJ's & Traditional Keihns

The jetting circuits are different. The PWK are better hands down. If they weren't you'd see more people running PJs and other carbs. The PWK series are the most popular carb for a reason.

I'm not saying PJs are bad carbs. PWK are just better.

Ah Ok just learned something new. Yes I see alot of people using them & would run them myself. I didn't switch to pwk's, because a site sponsor told me it wasn't worth the switch far as the cost/performance of PWK's. He recommend PWK's over PJ's & I agree that PWK's are a better carb. Hopefully one day I will get a good used set out of the for sale section. :cheers:

Edited by 252wheelieking

The real thing wrong with the PWK as well as the Air Stryker is many times they do not come with the correct needles. Airstrykers always come with the wrong needles for a banshee application and will give anyone fits unless the needles are switched out. I too had the airstryker curse for months cuz mine had wayyy rich short needles in them. Luckily Jeff at FAST helped me and convinced me to buy some CEL needles. After that they rocked with normal 155 mainjets and 48 pilots , about the same as PWKs. As for the vent lines I hate them and you can NOT block them off. Instead of routing mine over the carbs like they come I cut mine very short and just had them on the same side just like a PWK.

PJs are kinda old school but they work pretty well , I just prefer PWKs over all of them.

Ah Ok just learned something new. Yes I see alot of people using them & would run them myself. I didn't switch to pwk's, because a site sponsor told me it wasn't worth the switch far as the cost/performance of PWK's. He recommend PWK's over PJ's & I agree that PWK's are a better carb. Hopefully one day I will get a good used set out of the for sale section. :cheers:

I am sure they are right. With both carbs properly tuned and both at WOT you probably wouldnt see a performance difference. The PWK's slide is thinner and with the better low end circuits (pilot and Idle) makes for better bottom end throttle responce. Yea you wouldnt see much of a change for the dollars spent going from PJ's to PWK's, but if your starting out fresh then I would go PWK's. Unless money / budget issues then you can score a good set of PJ's to save on the costs.