Winter is coming

Well guys I don't know if it happens to anyone else. Maybe I am just crazy. I bought my very first banshee a week ago. I have always wanted one since I was young. I ran a tank of gas thro it last weekend and figured out it was not running just rite and needs work. The first part of the week it was still warm outside and I was interested in repairing or at leat diagnosing it. This morning it was a touch cool outside and has been all day. Strangely somehow just that quick all my motovation to mess with it dissapeared. And I started questioning why I bought it in the first place. Has this ever happen to anyone else ? Will these feelings pass? It may also have something to do with the fact I am a automotive technician and I am flat out sick of workin on crap all day every day. That being said I know I should expect to have to do a few things when I first buy something but not anything major. Banshees will stay rite for a long time if u ever get them rite and take care of them I think.

Edited by Drturbodiesel

being an auto tech of course you dont want to do shit after working all damn day.. if you fix it right it will make you very happy and if you have a riding area it can be an excellent release. if you DONT like it sell it and buy a fishing reel. then go sit at the lake and ponder life..

I enjoy working on my Banshee almost as much as I enjoy riding it. But my situation is different, I don't work on peoples cars or bikes for a living. I recommend that you do a top end rebuild and get the cylinders ported (by a forum vendor) while it is taken apart. Get new carb boots, plugs, check the jetting, sync the carbs, and be done with it. Then all you have to do is ride it and minor maintenance. Just suck it up enough to get it running perfect, and be done with it. Yeah Im sure you get tired of turning wrenches.... but just think... This is YOUR BABY! A properly running Banshee is sooooooo frickin fun, you will be happy you listened to me, and you will probably keep the bike forever. People that get older Banshees and never get them running just right, and end up selling them are REALLY missing out on what a fun bike it is. The Banshee probably has better aftermarket support than any ATV in the world, and can be made to suit any type of riding or racing you care to do... plus you can embarrass the 4 stroke crowd with your old school (lack of) technology. So just suck it up a little bit... and you will be glad you did.

Stop being a PUSSY!

x3

Why don't you give us a little info on her so we can help you spend less time wrenching and more time riding.

You're a Tech, you should enjoy some strange.

Banshees are extremely easy work on.

Pick up a Clymers manual and get her running right.

Edited by Strm Trpr

x3

Why don't you give us a little info on her so we can help you spend less time wrenching and more time riding.

You're a Tech, you should enjoy some strange.

Banshees are extremely easy work on.

Pick up a Clymers manual and get her running right.

pretty sure he is the guy that made a few posts on pitting out one side off idle. pretty sure it's carb adjustment or cleaning. your difference in cly pressure is a easy fix if you want it perfect but that should not make it spit. Either just take a few hrs and fix it or drop it off somewhere and let them do it if you can't figure it out but hell carbs are usually easy to fix.

That or go buy something new but sooner or later it will need work as well

I get that feeling but it passes quickly when it's nice out and this will be my first winter with my bike too.....idk about you but I can't wait to ride in the snow haha, after sliding a banshee on grass and wet pavement like friction doesnt exist, I can't imagine the amount of fun I'll have in the snow. Like everyone else said, they are easy to work on and that's half the fun. Good luck with your bike and hope you enjoy it !

As you can see, there are all different types of banshee enthusiasts on here. Some hate working on them, dont mind it, like it, and love it (im one of those), but we all have one commonality. We all LOVE to ride our banshees. Just get it fixed so you can ride and get infected like the rest of us. lol. :cheers: