4 mil 1-5 issue

tz racin

Hey my drag banshee 1-5 auto trans shifted fine in all gears on gas now its on methanol and doesnt want to shift into 3rd under load unless i get out of it alittle any ideas? Does it have any think to do with shift shaft shift star etc. new shift forks were put in 3 weeks ago trans gears and the dogs on gears also looked great could it have anything to do with lock out clutch help would b great guys thanks

Hey my drag banshee 1-5 auto trans shifted fine in all gears on gas now its on methanol and doesnt want to shift into 3rd under load unless i get out of it alittle any ideas? Does it have any think to do with shift shaft shift star etc. new shift forks were put in 3 weeks ago trans gears and the dogs on gears also looked great could it have anything to do with lock out clutch help would b great guys thanks

clutch slip from the added power maybe? try adding weight to the lockup, or adding heavier springs.

If the eccentric/concentric adjuster is worn any and or is adjusted slightly too high it can do what you are describing. Also if the shift shaft or claw is worn/ bent at all that can give you problems. Sounds like since you just put forks in it and all should be good then maybe the eccentric is adjusted with the claw part that hits the pins on the shift star may be a little higher now. Should be centered on each pin on the star. If not , or if it does it in 4th and 5th as well it can be slutch slip for sure.

Cam its a brand new override and if i stay in it it definitly wont shift trust me ya gotta get ouuta it to make shift. Radar i think u could b right about the adjuster pin for shift shaft claw i believe its set up to grab 1 st gear more when u go to put in first ecefy now and then it would go back to neutral and i wouldnt even know it so i adjusted a little bit more towards the downshift i will center it today ,and when u say ecentric whefe r we talkin to find eccentric ? Thanks for help i apprieciate it

Cam its a brand new override and if i stay in it it definitly wont shift trust me ya gotta get ouuta it to make shift. Radar i think u could b right about the adjuster pin for shift shaft claw i believe its set up to grab 1 st gear more when u go to put in first ecefy now and then it would go back to neutral and i wouldnt even know it so i adjusted a little bit more towards the downshift i will center it today ,and when u say ecentric whefe r we talkin to find eccentric ? Thanks for help i apprieciate it

The eccentric is the M8 x 1.25 threaded rod that is used to adjust the position of the claw. The solid part of the bolt is offset from the threaded part making it an eccentric cam when rotated.

SP

Ok i knew what that was and what it does i didnt knoe its called ecentric, thank u bud for the help just got wheelie bar all done and mounted up today tommorow ill pull cover off and check that and im gonna put some heavier wieght in lock out thanks guys!!!

Thanks guys for all the help was slipping added 3 rdz springs staggarard with barnetts and added mor pin wieght to lock out that solve it! Now if i can get this alky jetted right its rich on bottom mid throttle thanks again guys

Im pretty sure i got er nailed down, had to put 50 pilot in it and it cleaned righ up, and needle is dropped alway down, main jwt it came with seems a tad on rich side but soes work real good so im fonna leave er alone my next batch of oil i mix will be 32 to 1 per gallon i have the first mix set up at 20 to 1 and its to much with caster 927 lol

Thanks for insight on oil, bud ill try it after this 5 gallons s is gone love the carbs and i just had a set of 38 kehien pwk 38mm air stykers xoncerted to methanol, they on their way baxk to me now from rdz racing i prolly just post em for sale along with a couple sets of drag ported cylinders thanks guys