Shift Shaft Mod?

SuperMex

This is the bearing I use http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/NEEDEL_ROLLER/Kit9376

Make sure the hole is an interference fit because there is no snap ring or shoulder to maintain position on the bearing. Since there is not much rotation from the shaft it doesn't take a great deal of interference to keep the bearing in place.

SP

This is the bearing I use http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/NEEDEL_ROLLER/Kit9376

Make sure the hole is an interference fit because there is no snap ring or shoulder to maintain position on the bearing. Since there is not much rotation from the shaft it doesn't take a great deal of interference to keep the bearing in place.

SP

Hay SP thanks for the info. I can not find any info on the shift drum bearing did you due that mod too? If so can I get it from the same place as this bearing ?

That

Hay SP thanks for the info. I can not find any info on the shift drum bearing did you due that mod too? If so can I get it from the same place as this bearing ?

That on eI didn't do. But it is even simpler. The case stays the same and you turn the drum down to the inside diameter of the bearing (minus about .005-8"). Just measure the bore in the case and find a suitable bearing.

SP

That

That on eI didn't do. But it is even simpler. The case stays the same and you turn the drum down to the inside diameter of the bearing (minus about .005-8"). Just measure the bore in the case and find a suitable bearing.

SP

SP

Thanks I will work on that mod next time I have the case split.

I have seen this done with a needle bearing as well as a ball bearing. Personally, I like the needle bearing because it requires less removal of material from the shift drum.

SP

SP

Yes I can see that too. I would use a needle bearing for the same reason. Thank again for all of the info you helped me out a lot on this.

WFO