Shearer pipes

CFH87

I've got stock hangers for mine I'm wondering how they would affect fit?

Same issue with clearence. I have offset hangers and still had to space out about 10mm. It isn't uncommon with Shearers. You don't want to run it with it touching the head. It will wear into the pipe and develop into a crack. I get my springs from rocky mountain. They have several lengths. I use the long ones. To install you can use a small screwdriver through the spring loop like a T handle or spend 8 bucks on the spring tool. I'm too old to dick with not having the right tool so 8 bucks is a no brainer for me. It will be interesting tosee how those pipes run if Kevin ported them for the FMFs.

SP

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cyls were ported for shearer pipes. And thanks for letting me know where to get extra springs. I guess I will just have to off set the pipes...

If it was ported for Shearers then it should run hard. Mine ran great with CPIs and when I swtiched to Shearers I sent them back to Kevin for some tweaking and it runs awesome. One of the fastest dune bikes where I ride. Good luck!

SP

yah shearers dont fit good at all, but they sound and perform so good, it doesnt even matter haha. i had to elongate the holes in the hangers and space them out a bit and i had to make and angled spacer for the left silencer mount as it was sitting like this \| .

you never ran a ported bike and your gonna run a hjr ported shearer piped bike hahah your in for a awesome surprise :D :D :D. im excited for ya haaha.

i like the stock hangers as they are rubber mounted.

yah shearers dont fit good at all, but they sound and perform so good, it doesnt even matter haha. i had to elongate the holes in the hangers and space them out a bit and i had to make and angled spacer for the left silencer mount as it was sitting like this \| .

you never ran a ported bike and your gonna run a hjr ported shearer piped bike hahah your in for a awesome surprise :D :D :D. im excited for ya haaha.

i like the stock hangers as they are rubber mounted.

There are some nice aftermarket 2 piece billet hangers with a rubber grommet between them. Being 2 piece, the angle is adjustable and the grommet abosrbs the virbration. Best hanger on the market IMO.

SP

That's what I hear is they are good pipes and I hope that this fitment issue is worth the hassle.

I bet after you ride it (depending on your experience with other pipes) you wont have any questions. Fitment sucks, quality of the welds and chrome can be shitty (sorry but it's true, mine leak oil through several of the welds) but the performance is awesome.

SP