Case seal

Smokestack

Not to start a pissing war. But my shee has been down for like 2 years now. Blew a crank seal on the clutch side and upon teardown found it ate a wristpin clip.. I have read the writeup and seen that some guys use. Orange high temp RTV. I know i need a crank soon and plan another tear down this winter.

question is. Does it realy work well? I figure it comes off easy and will be a breeze spitting them again

I've been using the hi-temp gas/oil resistant silicone for going on 8 years now. No problems at all. If your cases are clean and prepped well, it works great. If you slop it on a set of dirty cases with the old yamabond all over them, of course its going to leak. I've used it on about 12 engines of my own so far and have had zero case leaks. Take you time and clean your cases good and it will work fine.

I'll have to check the label next time I'm in the garage. It says in the details on the back that it is gas and oil resistant. Like I said above, I've been using the stuff for years and mostly in methanol engines. Not a single problem.

- Jared

You are getting away with it because you run methanol, gasoline(including race gas) will attack RTV and cause it to soften and start leaking. I prefer Yamabond 4 but I have heard Permatex MotoSeal works well also.

import grey. about 6 bucks at ANY auto parts store. , same as yamabond but not as stringy its mostly like honda line sealer

yamabond grey. about 10 bucks at any yamaha dealer or most bike shops

1211 ( i dont like this crap) about 21-29 bucks at whoever sells 3 bond crap.

why would you want to use orange rtv or any other sealer?? for the same price as that orange shit you can have the real deal..