inline radiator cooler ?

Any one running Inline coolers ? What about running them on both lines? Any of them better than other ? Or what about the ones with the gauge in em ? I already did over sized radiator cool head and pro design impeller and run engine ice just wanna keep this thing as cool as possible

I believe its jetted a little fat but rips good for me and would rather have it rich then lean ...it was just this weekend when we were breaking a buddy motor in it felt hot . I was ridding it easy more just cruising never really getting into power band bit it boiled over once I let it cool down and opened it her up a little she was fine bit wanting to be able to ride like that and not worry about it .

I believe its jetted a little fat but rips good for me and would rather have it rich then lean ...it was just this weekend when we were breaking a buddy motor in it felt hot . I was ridding it easy more just cruising never really getting into power band bit it boiled over once I let it cool down and opened it her up a little she was fine bit wanting to be able to ride like that and not worry about it .

I don't think they do much but they don't go in the same catagory as the boost bottle. The boost bottle tears intake boots and cause lean conditions. The inline coolers don't hurt anything. May add a little bling if you're into that. I had a couple so I've got them on both lines. Wouldn't hesitate to run without them though. Oversized rad and I even am running a stock impeller and never have an issue getting hot. Biggest thing is to have your jetting right. And I agree as well, a lil rich is way better than a lil lean ;)

SP

i look at it as one more connection to leak.

That, and I was also thinking about this the other day. Don't the inline coolers go inside the hoses? So they actually neck down the water flow? I know it cant impede water flow that much, but the TINY bit of added cooling that they contribute, I would think would be wiped away by the necking down of the water flow...

...nevermind...

I keep one in my riding tool box. They work good to splice a blown hose back together.

Yep, I wouldn't buy one for cooling purposes, but they would be the shit for splicing a hose back together, unless you're like coupelx and can't make a hose clamp work :rotflmao:

SP

more bling that anything. but YES i have watched my temp guage while riding just to see what happens at different rpms..... i've discovered that if im just doin the putt-putt and not in the powerband it will start to get warmer than im comfy with. and ive also discovered that if you run it up into the powerband (not screaming in the powerband but towards the begining and middle of it) and blip the throttle (kinda like us snowmobile riders learned to ride) it will actually bring your temp down quickers. only reason i can think of this is the extra fuel your bringing into the cylinders doing a full throttle blip without letting the motor start to rev to consume all the fuel....

more bling that anything. but YES i have watched my temp guage while riding just to see what happens at different rpms..... i've discovered that if im just doin the putt-putt and not in the powerband it will start to get warmer than im comfy with. and ive also discovered that if you run it up into the powerband (not screaming in the powerband but towards the begining and middle of it) and blip the throttle (kinda like us snowmobile riders learned to ride) it will actually bring your temp down quickers. only reason i can think of this is the extra fuel your bringing into the cylinders doing a full throttle blip without letting the motor start to rev to consume all the fuel....

Doesn't more un burnt fuel mean it going to get hotter ? Kinda like bogging a motor runs hotter than just an normal driveng ! I always look at it like the water pump is only turning how ever fast your motor going .. there for more rpm more water movement..

Doesn't more un burnt fuel mean it going to get hotter ? Kinda like bogging a motor runs hotter than just an normal driveng ! I always look at it like the water pump is only turning how ever fast your motor going .. there for more rpm more water movement..

not necessarily....if you watched exhaust temperatures on 2strokes and 4 strokes.....when you lean them out you get a REALLY hot exhaust temp. way above normal. With 2 strokes, when you lean the hell out of them it will actually melt holes through the piston tops.

i was kinda confused about it to until i thought about it a little bit more and started to guess that the fuel coming in was quenching the piston and cylinder walls and slightly cooling them down.

not necessarily....if you watched exhaust temperatures on 2strokes and 4 strokes.....when you lean them out you get a REALLY hot exhaust temp. way above normal. With 2 strokes, when you lean the hell out of them it will actually melt holes through the piston tops.

i was kinda confused about it to until i thought about it a little bit more and started to guess that the fuel coming in was quenching the piston and cylinder walls and slightly cooling them down.

Ding Ding Ding!! You win the prize!! The ONLY thing that cools a 2s piston is the incoming fuel charge, and a slight amount from cyl conntact. A 4s has that and half as many powerstrokes and oil from crankcase. If you ever tear a 2s down look at the underside of the piston, you will see carbonized oil on it. :cheers:

As to the coolers, the ones on my son's are small enough that I can't fit my little finger in them.

Edited by Larry's Shee