reliablity of 4mil ?

Who's getting muitiple trip more than a season on a 4 mil that ain't haven problems ... This was going to be my next big mod this winter 4 mil with 64.5 or maybe 65 piston something small but reliable and good power but seems they don't hold up well seems like people are always blowing them up .. I got a buddy that been fighting his four mil for four year it never runs longer than a day ...is this just bad luck or part of getting more power ?

its all in how its built and how its tuned..

people that have problem after problem with ANY motor in a banshee is either not doing somethign right, not tuning it right and "just seein if it goes away" or driving it all wrong " gonna go to tha riva today" i cannot tell you how many banshee's come through here that are just totally rigged up or falling apart or held together with bailing wire and duct tape. i tell people that own these that they are more like a ferrari then a chevy pickup. one thing wrong and its goin to affect the whole bike.

i have a couple 4 mills that are over 3 years old and these are not dyno queens these are multiple tank, heavy useage, hard riding bikes ran on the dunes. and in the trails..

proper useage, proper assembly and proper maintenance goes a LONG way

I'm on my 3rd season with my 4mm. Every trip to the dunes, I go through 3-5 gallons a day. I ride the piss out of my bike.

Buy good parts to begin with, and keep up on the maintainance. Theres no reason it won't outlast a stock bike

5 years on mine still 160 psi. I've had numerous trips to hatefield mccoy 70 miles a day on the trails. Numerous burnouts. I ride pretty hard. I've been told the long rods are a little more reliable then the stocker because the cylinders have a more up and down motion and less pressure on the sides of the cylinders. May or may not be true.

I've been told the long rods are a little more reliable then the stocker because the cylinders have a more up and down motion and less pressure on the sides of the cylinders. May or may not be true.

:notworthy: Make sense.... I heard a similar quote, that the 4mil long rods(115) more reliable than stockers or 4mil 110 rods. Reason is because of less angle on the stroke = less stress on rods

Yep, several seasons on mine as well. And you can ask any of the guys I ride with, between me and my boy we run that motor hard. I wouldn't say abuse it, but we definately push it to the max. Proper assembly, proper tuning and good maintenance is all that is required.

SP

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on my 3rd season with my 4mm. Every trip to the dunes, I go through 3-5 gallons a day. I ride the piss out of my bike.

Buy good parts to begin with, and keep up on the maintainance. Theres no reason it won't outlast a stock bike

I am about to buy a cheetah power valve but not sure what size to go with 420 or 485cc 4 mill. my questions is what do you mean by good maintenance ??