EZ pull clutch lever

Azryll

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

loco, it says motorcycle application only on RMATV's site..whats up with that?

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&navTitle=Control&webTypeId=189&webCatId=12&prodFamilyId=1876

They probably just know for sure it works on all the bikes but aren't sure about the ATVs. It will work, no worries.

This is 100% not true. The MSR EZ Pull lever are much easier to pull than a factory lever and perch.

The MSR lever has 3 holes where you can adjust how easy it is to pull. Basically, the hole closest to the perch is the easiest pull and then gets harder from there.

Length of lever actually has nothing to do with how easy the clutch is to pull, the placement of where the cable is hooked up does.

That said, I can pull my clutch in with 1 finger. I use 6 heavy springs and have a lockup.

I was refering to aftermarket levers, show me an aftermarket lever that is marketed as Standard Pull or Hard Pull. The point I was making is that most aftermarket levers are marketed as ez pull but they are not nessessarly so. In other words buy a good reputable lever.

And the length of the lever is just as important as the other end where the cable hooks up to.

Edited by jbooker82

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the laws of physics cease to exsist when it comes to banshee clutch levers. A longer lever always makes something work easier. Unless the piviot point is wrong. I don't see how these would pull any easier then a fast easy pull.

It's actually simple physics. The closer the cable end is to the perch, the easier it is to pull it in. That's why there are three holes on the MSR easy pull setup. The hole closest to the perch is the one you want for the easiest pull.

I have a shorty lever and I can pull my clutch in with one finger. Can you?

I wasn't talking about the position the cable attaches. I know the closer the cable is the the perch the easier. I was just refering to comments about the lever length not mattering. It does. Fact is if your lever was longer with your current setup it would be even easier. Do you need it to be probably not.

Get a magura hydraulic if you want it super easy. They are freakin awesome to ride. If my bike was just a dune rider bike I'd have one for sure. Justabanshee has em on 3 of his bikes.

The hydraulic clutch levers are definitely easy to pull. I had one years ago. Only thing I didn't like was not being able to adjust it.

If you want a true easy pull set up you have to change the position of where the cable hooks up on the perch.

Yes when comparing standard length levers to standard length levers.

And by doing that your chainging the ratio between the two. So once you have gone as short as you can on the clutch cable side (bare minimum clutch cable travel to disengage the clutch) the long or standard lenght lever will pull easier than a shorty. So in other words with everyting being the same from the fulcrum to the clutch cable the longer lever has an easier pull.

MSR Pro Raptor Standard length is easier to pull than the MSR Pro Raptor shortie.

Edited by jbooker82