Does this look like a good idea..?

I've been watching that. It's only about 7 miles from me. If he has a title it's a good deal. If it has more goodies than listed, it's a great deal. However, I already have 3 Shees and only 1 of them is currently running. If you buy it, I would just assume it needs a crank too. So probably somewhere around a grand for bore, porting, crank. So, about $2,200 for a '06 Shee with pipes and sand tires, that you know whats in the motor, is not bad. Of coarse it depends on how clean/ straight it is when you actually see it. That ad is over 2 weeks old, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's already sold and the guy didn't delete the ad.

I've been watching that. It's only about 7 miles from me. If he has a title it's a good deal. If it has more goodies than listed, it's a great deal. However, I already have 3 Shees and only 1 of them is currently running. If you buy it, I would just assume it needs a crank too. So probably somewhere around a grand for bore, porting, crank. So, about $2,200 for a '06 Shee with pipes and sand tires, that you know whats in the motor, is not bad. Of coarse it depends on how clean/ straight it is when you actually see it. That ad is over 2 weeks old, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's already sold and the guy didn't delete the ad.

If i did buy it i would just want a cheap rebuild without any mods, im 13 and i have around 1000, so it would be ready for next year, and i pissed my pants when i saw it since you dont see a good looking '06 for such a bargin

Call him up. Ask him if he has the title and tell him you have $1000 burning a hole in your pocket. If he doesn't have a title, I wouldn't touch it.

I texted him and emailed him. No reply, why is it a bad idea to not have a title..? Cant you file for lost title?

No title=

A. stolen

B. Financed-- $5,000 still owed against it

C. The guy is a moron

YOU can't file for a lost title. ONLY the registered owner can file for lost title.

You don't need a title for an ATV in Oregon, but it's better to have one to avoid future problems that could result in you losing your investment.