Preload and Damping

jlsparky7

What do you gets recommend for fairly big mx tracks as far as damping and preload settings? I have hydrodynamics +2+1 a-arms with p51 shocks. How many clicks should I start at and how much preload? Im 180lb rider.... Any ideas would be great...

Edited by jlsparky7

start in the middle of your setting. everybody rideing is different so what might work for me more than likely won't work for you. and when you say big , do you mean big jumps, big staight aways,big whoops? it makes a diffence. preload should be set where the quad is about 7.5-9 inches of frame clearancefrom the ground to the frame, with the back of the quad about 1/4 to 3/4 lower than the front. then for comp. n rebound well it all tail n error. on the biggest jump you should just barley bottom out. you want the shocks to follow the terrain you r in . so some cases call for moore a faster rebound and a slower comp. just start making little changes at a time like one click till you find what you like. i have elkas you my set-up is going to be diiferent than yours.

What do you gets recommend for fairly big mx tracks as far as damping and preload settings? I have hydrodynamics +2+1 a-arms with p51 shocks. How many clicks should I start at and how much preload? Im 180lb rider.... Any ideas would be great...

Set your sag at 30% of your total travel. Meaning with you standing on your pegs, you want your fronts to sag 30% of their total travel, and the rear 30% of it's total travel. 20% might be optimal, depending on how hard you ride. Your compression/rebound adjustments are just there to FINE TUNE your final setup. Your shocks should have been revalved, and set up for YOU from the factory if you ordered them new. If they weren't, send them back and tell them to do it right. You will only get roughly 7% dampening change full click to click on the compression/rebound adjusters. Compression/rebound adjusters are NOT a substitute for properly valved shocks.