found bad wheel bearing

I'm rebuilding the shee and doing a full frame up , so I'm doing a lot of work and found a bad front wheel bearing , its just stiff as hell and i could hear some grinding in it so 20 bones on bearings and seals is no skin off my back . I took the front hubs all the way down to just the hubs , and pulled the brake rotors and the hubs will get painted red before re-assembly . Heres my question , my backing plates are pretty beat up and I'm just considering not even running them , anyone do the same? I'm rebuilding the hubs with sealed bearings and I ride 99% sand , 1% snow ( we hardly ever get any snow here in Tacoma , Wa ) .

Just wondering anyones thoughts or if someone has had a bad problem crop up from it , or no problems at all ...... LMK

Those tin things? And the tin things that go over the wheel studs? Man, those are the 1st things that need to go in the scrap metal pile. What are they supposed to do, keep sticks out of the wheels and brakes? Geez, yea right.

Thats what I'm Thinkin !!!!! yep , gettin ditched !!!!

I'm hoping the bearings will remove easy , use a socket and a extension to drive them out? Maybe some PB Blaster sprayed on them and sit over night to help with removal .....

Stick your finger in the middle, push the spacer pipe to the side, use a long punch and drive 1 side out. Then the spacer will fall out. Then drive the other one out the other side.

sweet , thanks for the help bro .... This is the 1st set of front bearings I've done on the shee , hopefully the last for a long time .