NO SPARK

-Herbie-

Banshee was running fine at silver lake then started to bog and just shut off and puked a little coolant. Diagnosed a bad stator so NYUK sent me a new one.

Here's what we've checked so far:

Installed new stator and tested it with ohm meter and its good

Swaped coil off running banshee

Swaped CDI off running shee

Unpluggerd TORS module - no tors on carbs

Checked factory shut-off switch

Installed new plugs

Anything else we should check?

I am still stuck....NO Spark, getting frustrated

Pick-up coil gap is spot on at .018.

Installed new used stator from NYUK that tested per spec off the bike. Now as it sits installed its giving a weird reading. The lighting coil resistance should be per the manual .26-.38. The stator i removed tests .4 when i hold the ground wire down to it. The new stator I installed is testing 2.3? Is there a specific way the stator ground should be connected? i just screwed the eye 2@ end of ground wire to the back of the timing plate into a threaded hole.

Pick-up coil resistance on new installed stator test spot on. Spec is 94-140 and ohm meter is showing 130. Also charging coil resistance is right on.

Coil test fine & tried coil off running shee.

CDI was also swapped off running bike.

Flywheel is pretty clean & has good magnetic to it.

What should i look at next?

Wires melted on the pipe? Time to ohm out all the wires for continuity and short to ground

Pulled the harness out last night and started checking every wire for continuity. So far all are testing good except green with yellow stripe bounces around for a while then zeros out. Still have more to test. Is there a way to test for a good ground?

Pulled the harness out last night and started checking every wire for continuity. So far all are testing good except green with yellow stripe bounces around for a while then zeros out. Still have more to test. Is there a way to test for a good ground?

Have you been using the same meter to check the stator?..If so try using a different one.The Ohm setting on meters are very sensitive,especially if you have accidentally tried to check voltage when it was set to Ohms.i have a few meters that still check voltage ok,but are not good enough to check ohms anymore.Not saying the stator is bad,but if the meter is questionable,then your just chasing your tail.

When i assembled that banshee in December ,i sanded the paint off the coil,regulator and stator mounts and coated the surfaces with grease.I highly doubt its a ground issue.Double check the stator with a good meter off the engine.

The only other thing you might want to check is the connections,make sure none of the wires pulled out of the pigtails.

Have you been using the same meter to check the stator?..If so try using a different one.The Ohm setting on meters are very sensitive,especially if you have accidentally tried to check voltage when it was set to Ohms.i have a few meters that still check voltage ok,but are not good enough to check ohms anymore.Not saying the stator is bad,but if the meter is questionable,then your just chasing your tail.

When i assembled that banshee in December ,i sanded the paint off the coil,regulator and stator mounts and coated the surfaces with grease.I highly doubt its a ground issue.Double check the stator with a good meter off the engine.

The only other thing you might want to check is the connections,make sure none of the wires pulled out of the pigtails.

Yea i've been using the same meter cause i only have one. When i check the stator on my black running banshee I get the proper output per oem specs. So I don't think its the meter. Yea i checked & its getting good ground at coil, regulator. What I was saying is I wonder if i installed the ground wire on the stator harness wrong. All the connections were tight but with the tester am finding some aren't getting good contact from dirt etc.

BTW i wanna come get those tires soon.

Yea i've been using the same meter cause i only have one. When i check the stator on my black running banshee I get the proper output per oem specs. So I don't think its the meter. Yea i checked & its getting good ground at coil, regulator. What I was saying is I wonder if i installed the ground wire on the stator harness wrong. All the connections were tight but with the tester am finding some aren't getting good contact from dirt etc.

BTW i wanna come get those tires soon.

Is that where the original ground was connected? I inspected and rewrapped that electrical harnesss when i put the bike back together.the only connection that was bad was the yellow and black leads from the stator that plug into the tube connectors that go back to the CDI.I had to replace and re-crimp those 2 leads.The single yellow and single black.

had some issues with the 200watt ricky stator that was on there before,but never with the stock stator.

tires are at the shop,i printed off all the receipts I had,They will be there also when you are ready to pick the tires up

Edited by bigborebanshee

Is that where the original ground was connected?

Not sure the on I got off NYUK looked a little different. It had a eyelet for the ground and the you had on the quad had a different style ground that had a u shaped clip that the screw went through. The yellow & black leads you swapped out are testing fine.

Need to get my hands on a flywheel puller so I can re-look at the stator & grounding. I borrowed one but left it in a buddys toolbox whos now in Ytown.

Not sure the on I got off NYUK looked a little different. It had a eyelet for the ground and the you had on the quad had a different style ground that had a u shaped clip that the screw went through. The yellow & black leads you swapped out are testing fine.

Need to get my hands on a flywheel puller so I can re-look at the stator & grounding. I borrowed one but left it in a buddys toolbox whos now in Ytown.

Definitley inspect all the stator wires for burn marks where its shorting to the case. I just had this happen to me on a used stator I bought. I bought another new stator and it fired right up.