where is my motor?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea ive gotten word my cylinders are being red labeled inspected this week(or i think). after that there going to jeff, hopefully ill make it to silver lake atleast once this year. im hoping to go on labor day, that way i have a long weekend :)

if you make it out.. swing by the drag strip and bull shit for a bit! beer.gif

Yes Trinity Racing is taking care of Nick. If you have questions you can call us direct at 1-877-327-8697.

why would anyone call u ?............i was asking the dude with the messed up cheetah

Edited by shakar

Because "Powervalve400" is Jaymes the salesman from Trinity.

You know... the guy who sells all those reliable, strong running 4 mill Cheetahs we've all been chatting about for years. <_<

i will go take pics and post them up..

i have a set of the JUNK domes that trinity sells no matter the CC. and a set of proven to work cub domes the side by side differnce is very obvious. in a week or so i will hopefully be getting back a set of custom cuts for a 400cc i am doing for a friend..

i will go take pics and post them up..

i have a set of the JUNK domes that trinity sells no matter the CC. and a set of proven to work cub domes the side by side differnce is very obvious. in a week or so i will hopefully be getting back a set of custom cuts for a 400cc i am doing for a friend..

Cam give me a call on my Cell [edit] want to talk to u thanks bro.

Edit: phone number deleted. Pm him your number, not a good idea to post it on here. You're welcome.

pics of domes.

trinity dome is black and sucks nuts is a low rpm design.. they are deto prone other is a known well working cub dome and is similar in size to the 72mm super cub domes this shape was originally a popular alky/ drag shape in stock cylinder motors high rpm and less prone to deto. squish clearance from about .48 to .60 this shape is a good starting point for 485 and really any high rpm motor that is anything that will run in the 6000-11,000 rpm range. if yours dosent look like this you proabably need some rework done..

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb180/camatv/cheeta%20head/100_0429.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb180/camatv/cheeta%20head/100_0428.jpg

enjoy!

It looks like the squish band is huge on the dome that doesn't work.

A builder on the site told me that a big squish band sort of lies to the motor and makes it think it has more compression but also is prone to deto.

So I am going to assume that when people are saying that the 485 cheetha don't have as many problems is it because with the bigger motor you use a bigger dome and that must have a narrower squish band?

Very interesting. Thanks

yeah, all i know is i got boned on the domes. i have a set of titian racing domes i recieved last year mid way threw my motor catastrophe, but never had a chance to use them really because the season ened and my o rings blew with in 15 of riding. but ill tell you wat, i instantly gained 20hp at least with the titian domes, i couldnt keep my front end down and the bike pulled harder than anything ive ever been on. going from 64hp to somewhere nere 85+ is night and day, with the old domes wot would break up and dogg itself.

• 2 weeks later...