where is my motor?

Trinity is taking no part in repairing my engine. I already paid jeff, and I'm not even taking a chance at having them do it for me. Quite simply, they are inspecting my cylinders to locate a already obvious problem and hopefully discount or gift me parts. Jaymes asked me what it take to make things right, I made no demands, or even ask for anything. Id like free pistons and nikisil job, will I get either? Mostlikely not. At this point id be happy with a stock 350 motor.

at least you know when you get it back from Jeff it will be rite! he is a great guy!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the glamis comment. I live in buffalo ny, closest sand dunes is silver lake, a 8 hour drive with a time change. The motor was never touched by jeff, only inspected and measured. Jeff was my quality control so to say so trinity couldn't pull any fast ones. I would of love for jeff to just fix it, but I'm following harrys and tylers advice and giving them a chance to redeem themselves. So far I have a windycityjohn story, except my rants are much shorter. So there's a possablity of a discount of parts, but as it stands I have nothing. No parts, no motor no nothing. Sigh

I grow up In Buffalo Ny, want to Kenmore east high schooll, I got smart and moved out of there live in so cal now, Glamis is only 3 hours from me.. Sure do miss Mighty Taco. And Teds. And jim steak out.

In and out burger beats all of them. Let me come live with you,

In my best Homer Simpson, "MMmmmmmmm In and Out burgerrrrrrrrrrr"

I know what I'm having for lunch. That or 5 Guys.

Mmmmmmm 5 guyssssssssss

My motor suffered from a few things, a kind of domino effect really. Trinty had told me the orings material had been switched (I can't remember from wat material to wat) and had no idea this had happened untill after the fact a handfull of bhqers started bitching. Problem number one.

The dome shape was causing the motor to force the explsion towards the walls and causing all sorts of detionation problems. Mine had craked a transfer port. Problem 2

Problem 3 is not offical but this is what I've been told. 73mm cheetahs have such a large bore it compromises the integrity of the cylinders because they are so thin, I kinda agree but I had also been told its possable tolerances are sometimes pushed threw, and this means pistons sometimes are to tight and have no room to expand. In either case, my pistons left some pretty nice skid marks on the walls.

When life hands you lemons make lemonaid? Right?

Sometimes its best to just accept your losses and move on. Jeff has never steered me wrong. He's a straight up honest guy who will tell you what he can and can't make happen and what it takes to get there (all while telling you what parts you don't need to waste your cash on). With Jeff and Nick, you will be riding. And that benefits EVERYBODY. Jeff has a new customer, you got a head turning setup, and Trinity won't have posts all over cuz you'll be busy riding!

HAHAHA

It was funny but I was serious too. I needed a set of seals for my 2 into 1 intake so I sent them a PM here on the HQ. Over a week later I get a PM back to call them, so I did. The 3 seal set was going to be $10 plus shipping. $10 seems a bit high as I found gaskets that would work at the hardware store for under $3 but ordered them anyway. The gentleman I talked to didn't know how much shipping would be but said they would charge me actual shipping. My account was charged over $16. $5 to pack and ship an envelope?

I understand they are a business and need to make money, I own a small business myself, but next time I'll pass on $5 shipping and use the other gaskets.

Rant mode off, I'm going to In n Out.

man wish an in and out burger was close now i want try one!!

yes food is better than trinity..

head dome shape is that cylinders #1 enemy.

the bore size dosent make them to thin that cyl can handle up to 75mm bore no problem that is a myth i dont care who told you its not right.

the material the sealing o-rings are made of needs to be VITON if you cannot get a set let me know i can send you some. they are brown in color if you get black o-rings dont install them they are low temp trash.

the head lifted, from bad design, ate the o-ring, and the coolant coming into the motor and mixing with the high temps of combustion turned to steam and was very bad bad thing. that shocked the cylinder and caused the alluminum holding the nicko on to deteriorate and cause it to flake. the cracked transfer YIKES

i would demand a new cylinder, new pistons, all gaskets, and dome blanks.

That couldn't be further from the truth. Sponsoring opened them up to more criticism.

Really? As soon as they were a sponser, you pulled down the full year of rants about this very same motor...with the very same issues. <_<